Echo cs 8000

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure of its age. It was flooded in hurricane Matthew. When I got to it the crank bearings were rusted. Saw was locked up from corrosion. Cases were pitted pretty bad but salvageable. I had an intake welded to it to run a HL series Tillotson, its temperamental. The last time I messed with it, I could not get it to start. I will drag it out and have a look at it over the weekend. I don't have many pictures, I think I have a short video of it idling.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure of its age. It was flooded in hurricane Matthew. When I got to it the crank bearings were rusted. Saw was locked up from corrosion. Cases were pitted pretty bad but salvageable. I had an intake welded to it to run a HL series Tillotson, its temperamental. The last time I messed with it, I could not get it to start. I will drag it out and have a look at it over the weekend. I don't have many pictures, I think I have a short video of it idling.
Any porting?

I have one that will prolly get an hl carb may even try a reed block.

Your Impulse through the block?

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am using the pulse in the case, pulse on the carb is blocked and a nipple is added on the side of the carb. Porting: exhaust is raised to somewhere around 88, transfer s are around 122, intake I don't remember what I did with. I think it's close to stock, around 80.

Ignition is what I think is holding me back, rev limited.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am using the pulse in the case, pulse on the carb is blocked and a nipple is added on the side of the carb. Porting: exhaust is raised to somewhere around 88, transfer s are around 122, intake I don't remember what I did with. I think it's close to stock, around 80.

Ignition is what I think is holding me back, rev limited.
Not thinking the ignition is limited. This 8000 hit 15k today

Probably be fun with a pipe on it.

That is something that would be fun to adjust the intake length on to see what results can be had.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dolmar 9010 piston
I looked at those, but found conflicting reports on pin size. Some say 12mm some say 13...
15,000? I'm not sure what mine is turning, no tach. It could be the carb giving me a fit, I will try it again, but a head is coming for sure.
It hit it briefly but wasn't rich enough for my liking. Didn't notice a limiter if any sort.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh but I'm looking for 13mm pin. Might try a conversion bearing on the rod end....

Some 13mm pins have thinner bearings than the 12mm ones. Just a lot of trial and error. The wrist pin on 660 and 288 are different but the bearings make up the difference