High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo cs 590,600,620 porting/mod/build thread

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
At Echo Canada they supply Shindaiwa as well as the Echo machines , it's all under the same company now .
If you look at the current model line up if you want orange get an Echo , if you want red get a Shindaiwa !!

Echo isn't a manufacturer , it's a brand put on the machines . On any Echo you'll see a tag by who it was manufactured by .

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The *s-wordy part about judging a manufacturer by their reported "specs" rather than by personal experience is, well, *s-wordy. The advertised max hp ratings are just that, max. If a "high performance" saw is rated 6hp at 11k rpm, but is only 4hp at 9k, it's going to feel and cut better at 11k, and only at or around 11k. Take a saw rated 5hp at 11k, and is still 4.5hp at 9k, it's easy to understand how some heavy-handed or longer bar users could prefer that. I'd just as soon have a flat hp/torque banded saw for everyday use. Wanna lay the saw on a log and cut away? Fine. Do that. Wanna dog in over the top because your bar isn't long enough? Fine. Do that.

Advertised peak hp specs mean absolutely nothing (even if they weren't inflated) about real world sawing that happens over a multitude of rpm ranges without a 2nd or 3rd reference to hp at those different rpms.

Real world experience is the only way to be able to make a justifiable decision

Carry on, Joe

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
1:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
don't know what to say about this.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Okay, so a few requests were made to clean this up, so I moved much of the vitriol to a thread titled Echo Un-Fans......if anyone has a problem with there post(s) being moved.........oh well....../

All I know is I find myself looking at Jake's avatar...and forgetting about that turd named SawTroll...LOL:).

Last edited: