Echo 550ESP

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only echos I got are a 452vl and a craftsman 4.3 a/vl or 702echo and they both have huge exhaust ports but I have not pulled numbers on them as I just run a 27" and 16" on them and they do fine. I love the manual override and easy adjust oiler.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ics-70svl. The 701 had the worst squish of all at 1.7mm (.070".)

They can be made to run very nicely, hes the 701 in 24" dry Messmate.

I had a nice 701 in my possession for about 16hrs until the little dude at the airport got all hissy with me and said I couldn't be flying with no chainsaw: it was wrapped up in my checked baggage inside 2 trash bags.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a dam shame hsell!
There great saws and they run forever!

The dude said, " you can't ship something with Gas in it on a plane."

I told him there weren't no gas in it because I poured it out the night before in the hotel parking lot.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
30+ years ago I flew from Houston to Hartford with a guy who lugged a loaded Craftsman toolbox onto the plane.

John Wayne flew to England and they made him check his Colt Diamondback.

Bunch a Wankers.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave it a good run today in some really hard dead 12" to 18" timber when I found a dead tree that had come down over a fence on my parents property.
I was down there looking for something to cut to test the saw, and the 064 I have rebuilt, so it worked out well.

Its a torque monster for its size. It just bites in and keep on pulling, cuts fast.
It does feel like its being held back by that muffler which seems to sap some snappiness from it. Its like it wants to go but has to push the gas through the muffler to build revs.

So I will will definitely be looking into a serious muffler mod.

I think it will pull a 20" bar with ease once its all been opened up.

Its a keeper!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I gave it a good run today in some really hard dead 12" to 18" timber when I found a dead tree that had come down over a fence on my parents property.
I was down there looking for something to cut to test the saw, and the 064 I have rebuilt, so it worked out well.

Its a torque monster for its size. It just bites in and keep on pulling, cuts fast.
It does feel like its being held back by that muffler which seems to sap some snappiness from it. Its like it wants to go but has to push the gas through the muffler to build revs.

So I will will definitely be looking into a serious muffler mod.

I think it will pull a 20" bar with ease once its all been opened up.

Its a keeper!
i bet it would do good with a 8 pin rim since it has plenty of torque.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hit a stone hiding in the grass and took out the new chain on it which I wasn't happy about .
Will probably look into a nice loop of full chisel for cutting cleaner timber and repair this one for cutting dirt filled dead rubbish like I was today.
I agree it will pull a 16" with an 8 pin.

First the muffler, then a full strip rebuild to investigate timing and porting options.

Is there an easy way to open up the muffler to gut it?