Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's amazing how every time I place an order from Dolmar Germany shortly after someone is looking to source some Dolmar/Makita items, but as long as I keep asking if someone needs anything to include in a pending order no one speaks up. :confused:

The above is not directed at You @Vice , You only just got Your 6100. ;)
Congratulations!
Luckily Sondre @SOS Ridgerider ordered two clutch covers to have at hand for friends at need. :)

Consider the above a random thought.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s the first thing I noticed when I was putting the bar/chain on was it’s chincy! And the guy I bought it from installed it with out inserting the rear peg into the power head and tightened the bar nuts so I believe the the clutch wheel is going to to rub? We will see
The PS-550/EA5600 clutch cover and dual spikes bring the PS-6100/EA6100 to PRO level, it is lacking without it! :cool:

But, that's just my humble opinion and I don't really know much about anything. o_O

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's amazing how every time I place an order from Dolmar Germany shortly after someone is looking to source some Dolmar/Makita items, but as long as I keep asking if someone needs anything to include in a pending order no one speaks up. :confused:

The above is not directed at You @Vice , You only just got Your 6100. ;)
Congratulations!
Luckily Sondre @SOS Ridgerider ordered two clutch covers to have at hand for friends at need. :)

Consider the above a random thought.
Well I always need a good spanking or at least a finger wagging :)

and I should have bought Dubs ported unit a while ago, so shame on me.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I always need a good spanking or at least a finger wagging :)

and I should have bought Dubs ported unit a while ago, so shame on me.
You should have pulled the trigger on that saw, he eventually even included the clutch cover mod.

Nothing wrong with owning two 6100's! :D

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool! I was just going to order a red cover and coat it with polyaspartic , but I’d rather blue plastic
There's nothing like the real deal. We'll work something out. I'd recommend ordering the inner and outer spike for a 5600 as well. That way you'll have a plug and play set ready to go.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish the holes would match between the 5600 and 6100. I’d have someone send one of those too
The 5600 spikes and the 6100 Euro spike are the same. The dual spikes for the 6100 with the clutch cover mod are the stock 5600 spikes. In my opinion they are more suited for the 6100 than the single tall US spike.
As far as I know there is no US style outer available for either saw.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
PM me when you need payment!
Order has been placed and items are paid for, I am waiting on confirmation that my order has been processed and shipped.

I will let You know when I receive my order and pack Your items. :)

Last edited:

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 5600 spikes and the 6100 Euro spike are the same. The dual spikes for the 6100 with the clutch cover mod are the stock 5600 spikes. In my opinion they are more suited for the 6100 than the single tall US spike.
As far as I know there is no US style outer available for either saw.
To be honest, the ones on my 5600 are big enough. But I do like the shape on the one on the 6100! My friend had made some nasty looking things at his dads machine shop for his sthils but they didn’t fit my 266 huskys

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If one places huge spikes on ones saw just for the looks of it - fine.

But if one desires huge spikes to gain more leverage while cutting - I dare say the person's chainsaw chain sharpening skills may need a little bit of fine tuning.

The big OEM single inner US style 6100 spike looks and feels awkward to me, it simply doesn't suit the saw.

As always, just my humble opinion.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks @Wilhelm! Can’t wait for it to come in, my dad should be really happy! Will update with pics.
You are very welcome!
You make sure to post pictures of the conversion.

While You wait on the kit, it may be a good opportunity to order one of those Stihl chain catches, unless You intend to keep the OEM 6100 chain catch.

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think I have one somewhere. If not we will probably just use the stock one for now. I want to get the upgraded filter kit for my 562 so I’ll save my money for that first haha