Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the rules? I am not a dealer. If a dealer wants to be listed, do they need to be a Gold Member? A site sponsor? Doesn't matter, as in no rules?

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be nice to have a list of reputable porters, mechanics, services, or chains and accessories. Members or not.and locations. Walk up or mail services. I’d rather deal with someone on here than an unknown.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be nice to have a list of reputable porters, mechanics, services, or chains and accessories. Members or not.and locations. Walk up or mail services. I’d rather deal with someone on here than an unknown.
Reputable is subjective and in the eye of the beholder

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a Builder Review forum:

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a Builder Review forum:

But not in any type of order, location, name of business, etc. For a newbie wading in it’s tough figuring things out. You have to do a search, then link the forum name, and then their initials. It took me forever to figure out what XS, SCARR, MMWS, etc., and all the other anagrams meant. Still don’t know them all.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But not in any type of order, location, name of business, etc. For a newbie wading in it’s tough figuring things out. You have to do a search, then link the forum name, and then their initials. It took me forever to figure out what XS, SCARR, MMWS, etc., and all the other anagrams meant. Still don’t know them all.
You will pick it up in quick order watching threads. I have never met a bad guy or gal here nor had a bad dealing here either.

Ole "management" keeps us peckerheads in-line:)

The grift go away.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You will pick it up in quick order watching threads. I have never met a bad guy or gal here nor had a bad dealing here either.

Ole "management" keeps us peckerheads in-line:)

The grift go away.
Still would be nice to find a place that lists who sells chains, bars, saws, ports, repairs, ad nauseam.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still would be nice to find a place that lists who sells chains, bars, saws, ports, repairs, ad nauseam.
I agree. I am actually shopping around for a new Stihl dealer to do business with on the regular, for parts. And I would rather support another member here, than some unknown. My local selections have spiraled downhill the last couple years, due to ownership and customer service changes.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was a rough day for many of us. When they were taking down some of the pictures of the race cars they had built over the years it was real rough. They had an entire section of the west wall full of 18"x24" stock cars that they had built and raced from the 1950's on.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I support my local dealer, but he doesn’t stock a lot of stuff. He’s more into mowers (bought 2), guns(bunch), and service after the sale.

Plus he doesn’t port, sell certain chains, etc.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the rules? I am not a dealer. If a dealer wants to be listed, do they need to be a Gold Member? A site sponsor? Doesn't matter, as in no rules?
Any Gold Members can list themselves, what their stores do or sell, contact info, whether they ship or not.