Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just finished up the last five threads.....I was under the impression that some of this stuff is supposed to be kicked before it gets posted?

I know we need a better way to rid the site of it. It took me about an hour to delete the threads.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed.
It was a 15 minute round robin of closing reports, deleting threads, and banning @rfewtgrr09

If no one else has told you how very much you are appreciated.........allow me.

Thank you Jon. You are a most appreciated staff member Sir.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spammers are major headaches any way you go at it.

Since I am usually around on the board I manage I usually get a head of them fairly quickly. Most usually either use temp email addresses or a particular email server and I just block that email server in general along with deleting all posts by offender, blocking their IP address and deleting their accounts. About drove me crazy with Kitchen Cabinets ads until I figure what they were doing.

Once these spammer figure out you're not blocking them up front they will drive you crazy. I did need to tighten up the registration process which blocks most those automated spambots.

Btw this is the third site that I use that has been hit in less than one month but the first they posted in Simplified Chinese.

Hopefully you have found a formula that works until the next round.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw this nonsense about 5 am this morning .I get up early .
I dunno some people have nothing better to do than spam a web site .Very strange .

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I know my old forum had a delete button for the user which deleted all relevant post/thread of this user.

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
maybe a restriction for 5 new threads per hour for normal users.
User above 100 posts and 1 month membership get no restrictions

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't really know why peeps spam, maybe there's a grudge, but on the other hand I guess they get some sort of gratification.
Either way it's nothing new, most forums/sites have counter measures including first few post being verified by a mod,
It's a painfully time consuming for every normal person, but it helps stop immature peeps that play silly games

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
5:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't really know why peeps spam, maybe there's a grudge, but on the other hand I guess they get some sort of gratification.
Either way it's nothing new, most forums/sites have counter measures including first few post being verified by a mod,
It's a painfully time consuming for every normal person, but it helps stop immature peeps that play silly games
Great idea @Wonkydonkey
[We] already have a similar system in place for the Builder Review Forum, so this would be a great way to separate the wheat from the chaff.