High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Crazy old woman.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We closed on our new property in Sept 2018, it had been in the works since Nov. 2017. In the works was working out details of price and payment method, and interest rate if sold under a land contract.

The seller was unable to say just where the south boundary was other than near a power pole.

There was very heavy Autumn Olive growth from the road (west end.) to the East line.

So we hired a surveyor to come and mark the line setting flags every so many feet from the west end along the road to the back east end.

The horse farm to the south had a board fence put up on their back half 2 owners ago. Since I had planted the horse pasture for the original owner I had been advised roughly where the boundary was. Even though it was not my property then I advised the fence builders they were off in there marks.

Came out in our survey they are across it by about 10 inches.

Going back to the survey I decided to knock down a line of Autumn Olive going by the horse fence in the back of the horse farm. I was doing real good keeping well inside of where I felt the line would go by a few feet.

When I got up near the road the owner of the horse farm a woman (husband died.) came out and asked what I was doing.

Told her I had surveyors coming and I was clearing up the Autumn Olive to make it easier for them.

She said I should knock it all down sweeping her hand from where we were to the road and down to her drive way.

I knocked down a lot then had to stop and do other chores around the place.

Couple days later a county sheriff deputy came down my drive. Asked if I was the home owner, I told him I was. He said my neighbor a woman with no man had complained I was way over on their property clearing Autumn Olive.

Told the sheriff deputy I had told her what I was doing and why and she told me to knock it all down because it stinks in the spring.

He told me to just wait till after the surveyors had finished before I did any more over there.

Told him I would do that.

Few days ago I was over there removing a tree that would hamper my rolling out the woven wire fence. She came over where I had just about finished picking up the fire wood and asked when I was going to do some thing with the pile of brush I had left?

Told her I was going to do any thing with it, you called the sheriff last time I was on your place even though you told me to and I had told you what we were doing.

She said I had put it there and she didn’t want it there. I told her it was brush from the Autumn Olive on her place.

Wait till winter and just set the pile on fire and it would burn great being dead a year plus.

I knew it probably would not do any good so I told her that her horse fence was on our property and I wanted it moved.

She said what I expected plus added it was grandfathered in over 30 years. Told her it wasn’t 30 years I lived here when it was built.

Warning to absentee owners visit your property Mark your property lines well and cruise those lines often.

Any way I have been expecting a visit from the sheriff to tell me to do some thing about the brush pile. I will tell him I will go set it on fire after the next rain.

:D Al

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We closed on our new property in Sept 2018, it had been in the works since Nov. 2017. In the works was working out details of price and payment method, and interest rate if sold under a land contract.

The seller was unable to say just where the south boundary was other than near a power pole.

There was very heavy Autumn Olive growth from the road (west end.) to the East line.

So we hired a surveyor to come and mark the line setting flags every so many feet from the west end along the road to the back east end.

The horse farm to the south had a board fence put up on their back half 2 owners ago. Since I had planted the horse pasture for the original owner I had been advised roughly where the boundary was. Even though it was not my property then I advised the fence builders they were off in there marks.

Came out in our survey they are across it by about 10 inches.

Going back to the survey I decided to knock down a line of Autumn Olive going by the horse fence in the back of the horse farm. I was doing real good keeping well inside of where I felt the line would go by a few feet.

When I got up near the road the owner of the horse farm a woman (husband died.) came out and asked what I was doing.

Told her I had surveyors coming and I was clearing up the Autumn Olive to make it easier for them.

She said I should knock it all down sweeping her hand from where we were to the road and down to her drive way.

I knocked down a lot then had to stop and do other chores around the place.

Couple days later a county sheriff deputy came down my drive. Asked if I was the home owner, I told him I was. He said my neighbor a woman with no man had complained I was way over on their property clearing Autumn Olive.

Told the sheriff deputy I had told her what I was doing and why and she told me to knock it all down because it stinks in the spring.

He told me to just wait till after the surveyors had finished before I did any more over there.

Told him I would do that.

Few days ago I was over there removing a tree that would hamper my rolling out the woven wire fence. She came over where I had just about finished picking up the fire wood and asked when I was going to do some thing with the pile of brush I had left?

Told her I was going to do any thing with it, you called the sheriff last time I was on your place even though you told me to and I had told you what we were doing.

She said I had put it there and she didn’t want it there. I told her it was brush from the Autumn Olive on her place.

Wait till winter and just set the pile on fire and it would burn great being dead a year plus.

I knew it probably would not do any good so I told her that her horse fence was on our property and I wanted it moved.

She said what I expected plus added it was grandfathered in over 30 years. Told her it wasn’t 30 years I lived here when it was built.

Warning to absentee owners visit your property Mark your property lines well and cruise those lines often.

Any way I have been expecting a visit from the sheriff to tell me to do some thing about the brush pile. I will tell him I will go set it on fire after the next rain.

Be sure the wind is blowin in her direction when you burn it. :D

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When her Husband was alive I heard a lot more from her than now.
She was always yelling at the husband, No not there stupid over there.
At the dog, stupid mutt stay I said.
And the horses, Come on you nags get in the barn before I sell you to a glue factory.

Always yelling.

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess that's one way to handle it. I would kill her with kindness instead. People worry about any change happening in their neighborhood, it's natural. she was probably more frightened than crazy. In the long run, you'd be better off trying to make a friend. I'd trade the 10 inches of lost property for a good neighbor anyday.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OH the kill her with kindness ploy?
Na I don't want that for a friend. Even the horses won't go to her slaping a feed bucket standing at the front of the pasture.

Plenty of times they will come running to the fence for me to pet. I don't do it when she is around though.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like crazy woman and horses are common.

I stopped for horses in the middle of a sharp curve on a county highway. Driving a big Louisville feed truck J tires and a tandem/tag. Wasn't gonna stop on a dime.

Tracked down the owner "she" blew me off. "Oh they do that all the time". Like she wasn't to be bothered.

I said something about gonna get somebody killed and left.

When I got to the mill counter guy says yeah people come in all the time *b-wording about those horses in the road.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would have turned her into aspca and animal control and every other aniumal rights group that would listen.

fix the fence or get rid of the horses.