High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Colder weather Bar oil pour test - Kinetix Extreme, VP, & BelRay

Habada
Local time
7:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So last night I took 3 brand new bottles of bar oil outside for about 5 hours. It was around 17-18°F during that time.

VP, BelRay and Kinetix "Extreme"

I might try this again this weekend when it's around 0°F

Here's the results..

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who else is seeing video noise in the clip?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe it's my tablet PC, it does behave erratic ever since the couple past app updates.
I'll have to check the video on my desktop PC.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’ve been running this in the processor and the saws. Unlike the tractor supply bar oil I don’t have to cut it with diesel for winter use. Stihl’s and dolmars will plug the bar oil hole with the tractor supply in 20* weather if it isn’t cut with diesel. The huskys seem to have more oil pressure and don’t care too much what bar oil. Bar oil is one of those things I couldn’t really care less what brand it is, as long as it’s got tacky ness to it. I mean it’s just money your throwing out off the bar literally... the cheaper the better. But I definitely noticed less bar wear with using this stuff, which is nice. Can’t complain about that. 30D76370-C878-443C-8B71-B6704039E285.png

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’ve been running this in the processor and the saws. Unlike the tractor supply bar oil I don’t have to cut it with diesel for winter use. Stihl’s and dolmars will plug the bar oil hole with the tractor supply in 20* weather if it isn’t cut with diesel. The huskys seem to have more oil pressure and don’t care too much what bar oil. Bar oil is one of those things I couldn’t really care less what brand it is, as long as it’s got tacky ness to it. I mean it’s just money your throwing out off the bar literally... the cheaper the better. But I definitely noticed less bar wear with using this stuff, which is nice. Can’t complain about that. View attachment 280058
That's the standard Kinetix All Season oil. Right now they offer that and the Kinetix Extreme Duty

They discontinued their winter grade oil recently.

I had so-so reviews on their all season oil. But mostly positive reviews on the Extreme Duty oil.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be afraid it wouldn't pump well as slow as it poured. It was like thick honey. TSC and Husqy oil are very tacky and stringy, but pour way faster.

Oil science is cool.

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is the cost of each oil? I know tractor supply offers a winter grade oil but it’s usually about $3 more per gallon than the regular stuff. I stopped there today and the regular bar oil Is $6.99 a gallon +tax and no winter grade to be found. It may be cost effective to simply cut the regular oil with diesel or kerosene.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aside from normal cold weather cutting, this is a special issue with battery (and corded electric) chainsaws. They don't have any combustion to heat up the oil. I try to keep both the saw and the oil indoors or near the heater output of the vehicle, until ready for use (no gasoline to catch fire). And, I have to thin it a lot with kerosene.

Philbert

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The tall timber is what i used to use. Now I just whatever is on sale. I don’t cut enough to worry about bar wear and usually don’t cut when it 20 degrees or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk