Bulk Chainsaw Bars For Sale

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I told somebody in a post earlier today about some bars I acquired a few years back, and I just realized I could sell them to someone on here.

I have roughly 6000-8000 chainsaw bars- Oregon brand bars

They say either craftsman or Remington

I've got 16" lp, 18: lp, 18" .325, 20" .325, a few 14" lp

I know im technically not allowed to sell on here because I dont have enough "credit" yet, but these require pickup so the deal is quit literally gauranteed to work out.

Pricing- you have to buy all or a very very large quantity to get good pricing. I don't have much at all in these bars so make me an offer, literally any offer is approved by me. If you have to drive a long way, we can knock down the price, if you see the bars and don't think they are the right quantity, we can lower the price

Pickup Only- Im not shipping these suckers. You will need at least a 2 axle 6000lb gwv trailer to haul them. I have a forklift to move them into your trailer

Attachments

• bars 1.jpg
    bars 1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 185
  • bars 2.jpg
    bars 2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 181

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Edit: For pricing, i'm thinking $1 per bar (seriously. I'm tired of looking at them) But that means we have to count them. So to avoid counting them, you can make me a bulk offer based on these pictures or based on what you see when you get here

There are 3 crates total, message me for details or more pics

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just an idea, perhaps you’ve considered it already. But list them individually for sale on eBay at a really low price. Once you got into a routine on shipping them it would provide a regular, maybe even steady income for a very long time. I’ve been milking a lot of 1000 special capacitors I had to order once just to get the 30 I needed now for 10 years. They are going away and I’m getting money for them. That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw all those bars.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I do alot of ebay sells and at one time I was selling these bars. I like to stay under 20k and 200 items per year (if you ebay you'll know why). My thing with these bars is that If i want to make, as in pocket, say $4 from each, I would have to sell for roughly 17.50 each. After fees and individual shipping and packaging costs, I'm only making 4$ proffit. $17.50 comes out of my yearly limit and im loosing one sale that could be a more proffitable item. And at $17.50, I had little luck selling these. If i was only trying to make 1$ proffit, I would be selling for roughly 12.50 each. My time and available listings just aren't worth the 1$ i could make off of 200 bars every year.

I also did bulk of 10 at a time, I made decent proffit with the reduced flat rate shipping, but i sold them so rarely that it was very frustrating to dig through the building to get to them, then conjur up a large flat rate box, use alot of packing pellets, and physically take them to the post office since they don't fit in a mailbox.

So this is my laziest and easiest option. Hopefully someone else has a better market for them or can use them

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steel for blacksmithing projects?!
I am not into blacksmithing so I don't know if the steel is any good for that application.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is surprising to hear what you have to sell the bars for on eBay, for those kinds of returns. I have never sold on eBay, so I believe you. Yet, bulk bars for $1 each should be snapped up by someone who want to sell, distribute them, etc. Blocks of 10 bars makes sense to distribute the shipping costs. Can you sell under someone else's eBay account to avoid the limits that you mention? I guess that you have already thought of these types of things.

Joining the thread to hear what happens.

Philbert

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, they fit most huskies, poulans, craftsman, remington, echo, homelite etc...

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is surprising to hear what you have to sell the bars for on eBay, for those kinds of returns. I have never sold on eBay, so I believe you. Yet, bulk bars for $1 each should be snapped up by someone who want to sell, distribute them, etc. Blocks of 10 bars makes sense to distribute the shipping costs. Can you sell under someone else's eBay account to avoid the limits that you mention? I guess that you have already thought of these types of things.

Joining the thread to hear what happens.

Philbert
I would say demand is quite low, most of these bars fit disposable, or outdated models. I wish the OP the best of luck! but I personally see it not worth the effort, it's scrap IMHO.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would say demand is quite low, most of these bars fit disposable, or outdated models. I wish the OP the best of luck! but I personally see it not worth the effort, it's scrap IMHO.

If I can't sell them on here they are very likely to go to the scrap yard. I'm just hoping someone on here has a market for them or a use for them. I really really hate to waste all of these bars that people at some point or another were paying $30+ a piece for.
I know they do fit most older and all new poilans remingtons and craftsmans. Lots newer huskies.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I can't sell them on here they are very likely to go to the scrap yard. I'm just hoping someone on here has a market for them or a use for them. I really really hate to waste all of these bars that people at some point or another were paying $30+ a piece for.
I know they do fit most older and all new poilans remingtons and craftsmans. Lots newer huskies.
I can't blame you one bit for trying, again best of luck.