High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Building a 3pt Log boom+winch

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got my eyes on this skidding plate. Local guy fabbed it up and had an electric winch on it and burned it up. He ended up going with a uniforest winch and is selling this. Hes asking $650.

I told him I thought his price was high. He didn't think so and told me the C channel on the was $500 alone if you had to go cut it from a stick. Looking at how heavy the construction was I thought it was well built. He has his own fab shop/small business.

I talked to him about the winch I have and what my plans were for it. He said he had the same plans originally but could never find one reasonably priced. He didnt sound like he was willing to lower his price any so I asked what he could do if he mounted my winch on it. He said for asking price he would mount it... I'm strongly considering at this point. I have $400 ready to go and have a tree removal tomorrow. Should be a GO. I'll see if he will do $600, if not then I'll try to get him to throw in the snatch block.
Screenshot_20190301-193114_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190301-194838_Chrome.jpg

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
exactly!!! looks like the whole thing was made from drops
Very possible. But what can ya do? Scrap like that doesnt come up very often. Certainly cant go to a scrap yard and get material like that. Just doesnt exist any more. Plus I dont have a welder to put it together. Factor all that in and the price is looking more favorable.