best flashlight or headlight??

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a http://www.powertacusa.com/E9 and really like it. I also have 4 other rechargeable batteries that fit my predator hunting lights so I have plenty of batteries when needed. It has a clip that let's you hook it in your pocket, ballcap, etc. I use it a lot when feeding round bales at night. Allows me to clip it on my hat bill and see over bales.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a princeton tec vizz like it alot lifetime warranty made in USA
th

Last edited:

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a few black diamonds. Always gotten good service out of them. I hate anything that takes special batteries. The last black diamond I bought uses rechargeable AAAs (or regular if you so choose), and plugs into a standard micro USB cord. I thought that was pretty slick.

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some really nice selections, amazing how much better they are now!!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've bought many of the different cree and ultrafire flashlights off ebay 6 to 12 bucks with charger and two batteries.I've had some of them for seven years and they still work that's what i give everybody in the family for christmas.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the fire line we use a Streamlight brand (trident I believe), they hold up well, take AAA batteries and have a rubber strap (for helmets) and an elastic strap. I use a Princeton Tec remix for personal use around the house. I have had switch issues with one, but they made it right without a hassle. As far as hand helds, Streamlight stinger ds or a Surefire. If you don't need a true tactical a type light, Nebo makes a nice right angle/straight light I just picked up. LED spot/flood/red lights all in one. I believe it is called the Cryket.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although I have a few Surefire lights, I've been buying the Duracell LED lights at Costco. They're Aluminum and for the money, seem to be a good value.
The 500 lumen model (center) uses 3 C batteries and was around $25, for a two pack, including batteries.
The 1300 lumen model (bottom) uses four C batteries and was around $25, including batteries.
I've had both of the Duracell's for a couple of years and am well pleased with the quality and durability of both. I also don't worry about losing or breaking one, because they aren't expensive.
They aren't as compact as some of the better lights, or as robust but they use standard batteries and are a lot cheaper.
I included a Surefire 9P, for size comparison.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For a handheld light that I EDC I have a Elzeta. The thing is tough as nails. I have others that claim to be brighter, but in atctual use my Elzeta is way way brighter. When it comes to lumens and what companies quote, its all hear say.

I've got several Surefires, Streamlights, Fenex and other lights from big box stores. None of them come close to the light that this Elzeta puts out. The batteries also last substantially longer than any of the others (CR123)

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard elzeta is the sleeper light when it comes to quality and value.

Plus one on the lumens claims , hear say at best!!

The thing is tough as nails too. Last winter I was on the top of our grain leg at our feed mill (125' in the air) It was cold that day and my hands were frozen. I ended up dropping my light and it fell to the ground on the cement approach.

It was still on when I retrieved it and still works today. It's just a little scuffed up on the aluminum shell.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some of the cree headlamps somewhere they work great. I have these in all my vehicles 8-900 lumens i don't know about that but they are impressive for their price.1482290015295-820000618.jpg

jeepsnchainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Although I have a few Surefire lights, I've been buying the Duracell LED lights at Costco. They're Aluminum and for the money, seem to be a good value.
The 500 lumen model (center) uses 3 C batteries and was around $25, for a two pack, including batteries.
The 1300 lumen model (bottom) uses four C batteries and was around $25, including batteries.
I've had both of the Duracell's for a couple of years and am well pleased with the quality and durability of both. I also don't worry about losing or breaking one, because they aren't expensive.
They aren't as compact as some of the better lights, or as robust but they use standard batteries and are a lot cheaper.
I included a Surefire 9P, for size comparison.
View attachment 45719
Surefire are by far the most dependable and toughest, but so expensive it makes you really careful with them.
These little Nebo lights are $14 and unbelievable bright and durable. They have a huge zoom range out to about 100 yards. The metal ring around the glow in the dark button is a strong magnet.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegNo bludgeon, but when your holding it by your handgun who needs the bludgeon?
Oh also. These have three setting. Dimmer of course, and the strobe.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For light work around the house I use a Light And Motion Solite 250EX headlight. It's 250 real lumens. Spot only, no floodlight. For heavy duty stuff I use my Light and Motion Seca 1500 or my Seca 1700 Enduro. The Seca lights have spot and flood built in, and is brighter than what's on most cars. I do mountain biking at night, and these things pretty much set the trails on fire.
Light And Motion is one of few companies with a lumen tester, and all their lights exceed their claims by at least a few percent. And they're made here in America.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many lumens , and setting?

Zoo City Sawz[/QUOTE

Copied this off their site

SPECIFICATIONS
POWER 205 Lumens
LAMP Maxbright LED, Ultrabright White LED, Ultrabright Red LED
BURN TIME 150 Hours
BATTERIES 3 AAA Alkaline or Lithium
WEIGHT 92 Grams
VIZZ
The upgraded 205 lumen Vizz is a feature-loaded headlamp with three distinct beam profiles easily accessed via a simple press, hold, or double press of the button.

One Maxbright LED creates a powerful spot beam for long-throw illumination, a pair of white Ultrabright LEDs deliver a dimmable flood beam, and two red Ultrabright LEDs handle close-range lighting while preserving night adjusted vision. When not in use the Vizz can be locked (triple press) to prevent accidental turn on, and the translucent switch acts as a battery level indicator.

As with all of PTEC Professional Series headlamps, the Vizz is waterproof (IPX7) and is equipped with regulated circuitry making the Vizz lithium battery compatible. With practical features, the VIZZ is one headlamp to rule them all.

http://princetontec.com/omi/vizz_omi.pdf