Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2nd gen Cummins? Sounds like a 24v.
12v. Originally was built to 400hp. Blew that engine up. This one is mostly stock warmed up. Ford front axle, flexy Chevy leaf springs all 4 corners. Lockers, hydraulic steering assist, yadda yadda. :) was originally a dually auto. Was converted to NV4500 with the built engine. My buddy the Cummins builder nut has been putting a built auto in for 2-3 years now...

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
12v. Originally was built to 400hp. Blew that engine up. This one is mostly stock warmed up. Ford front axle, flexy Chevy leaf springs all 4 corners. Lockers, hydraulic steering assist, yadda yadda. :) was originally a dually auto. Was converted to NV4500 with the built engine. My buddy the Cummins builder nut has been putting a built auto in for 2-3 years now...
I'm just starting to put a list together for my Fummins build. Finally have a place where I can drag it home and start on her.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
17k. Thats really hummin along!

If I remember BLSnelling’s article right, he was getting near 17,800 or almost 18,000 rpms. :eek:

But for sure, it’s really up there. :confused:

I’ve got a newer model hearing aid now that’s much better at picking up sounds than previous models, so it’ll be interesting to hear how this 260 actually sounds at that speed! ;)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run a longer bar on that saw because I’m not an ace at lining up cuts when taking trees down. With the bar typically longer than most of the timber I cut. I can crawl around the tree to make sure things are going correctly. I’m not a timber faller. But I’ve done my share. Longer bar makes me feel more comfy

Once the tree hits the ground I swap saws. Depending on what I’ve got to deal with
Same for me Jake.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is true. My uncle Dave won the first sanctioned MMA tournament in US history, no weight classes..no time limits and barely any rules, he fought 6 times that night.View attachment 278196

He got recognized in 2011 when the UFC was here for congo vs barry. We got to eat dinner with Dana White. It was pretty cool.

Awesome! Brings back memories of watching outlandish characters on WWF Saturday Morning.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I just need to lighten the bar (we are close) and stiffer AV.

E5D99F68-53B4-4135-807C-A51E7CDE2066.jpeg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit school in the eighth grade and started raising a family.

Honestly, I think alot of folks would do better going to work instead of high school. Massive waste of time for most people. I have a B.A. and M.A. and have no doubt that I could have still earned those degrees starting college with just what I learned through 8th grade. The main thing I got from high school was an in depth understanding of how sh!tty people can treat each other.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the shortest bar possible for the job.
Only exception being, I use a long light bar
when cutting small brush close to the ground,
this saves bending, and I would be bending a lot cutting whin bushes.
A pole saw would be better as I can hang it on a harness to carry the
weight and get a better cut without jagging myself on the actual bush am cutting, there is often acres of them to cut, they always on bad ground, hills,
stony, wet and unwelcoming, they grow close together, had a hard time
finding this single one to show the thick bottom that needs cut, they
are actually hard wood, heavy and dense, no thicker than 2 inch most being
1" or over when densely packed.
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.9908524.9989/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg