Bar welding and repair

Scott Kelsey

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi everyone. A few years ago I had a company out of Washington I believe weld and repair a bar for me. Unfortunately they are no longer in business. I have been searching for anyone else that may do this but can not find anyone. Does anyone know of anyone that does this?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on what you need done.

I thought chainbar was still in buisness, maybe they recently closed?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on what you need done.

I thought chainbar was still in buisness, maybe they recently closed?

If that was the one on Johnson Creek Blvd, yeah they went out of business. I saw a couple posts on one of the Facebook
logging groups that there was equipment for sale out of that (I think a large bar grinding/facing machine and some other
grinders).

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that was the one on Johnson Creek Blvd, yeah they went out of business. I saw a couple posts on one of the Facebook
logging groups that there was equipment for sale out of that (I think a large bar grinding/facing machine and some other
grinders).

Dang, wish I was in that area as I would have tried to pick up the bar groove grinder.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang, wish I was in that area as I would have tried to pick up the bar groove grinder.

I visited their shop many, many years ago and they had some trick stuff in there. I think the old guy's name was Bill - the guy knew
bar building and machining inside and out. He had made many large custom milling bars for the mills that were still processing
old-growth.

There's a similar shop near Roseburg, Oregon and the guy that runs it is in his 70's now. So I think he'll have a lot of custom bar
making and grinding equipment for sale at some point. If it comes up, I'll let you know.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi everyone. A few years ago I had a company out of Washington I believe weld and repair a bar for me. Unfortunately they are no longer in business. I have been searching for anyone else that may do this but can not find anyone. Does anyone know of anyone that does this?
Whatcha got?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must be a very special bar to make fixing it worth all the work involved!

What kinda bar are we talking about?
Just curious. ;)

Scott Kelsey

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's an old roller nose I had from my 797 saws. I don't throw anything away anymore and it is still a good useable bar but needs a bit of love.

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danny Cox is the guy that worked on my bar and Jack repair stuff, just west of Roseburg.
I think he is pretty much retired. He is a real pro and great guy.
He was Timberland Enterprises

Scott Kelsey

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What sort of love does it need?
Rails have thinned out some and there are a couple of chips. I just remember when Bill did a bar for me some time ago now he was great to deal with and reasonable it seemed. I received a letter from him when he retired stating someone bought his business but would continue and now that doesn't seem to be the case. I figured I would put a feeler out in this community and ask.

I moved about 6 months ago and I still have quite a bit of hobby stuff to dig out so when I get a chance I will pull it out and post some photos.

Last edited: