Aww yeah...first post ever!!

Lootbug

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay got that out of the way. On a serious note it's nice to see some forums on the site here. Hopefully it will grow into a community of well informed and helpful individuals.

And to keep things on topic....

What would you do with a Husqvarna 550xp that dies at idle with two different carbs? I'm stumped and already into it for more than I could sell it.

Thanks,

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great job on the first post.
Have you done a pressure test? Checked for any air leaks.

Lootbug

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay great, thanks guys. I'll check that stuff out when I get a little free time.

cjcocn

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just bought a 550XP and had the same issue.

Turns out that it has an "autotune" feature that adjusts the saw for you. Just run it in the cut for 3 to 5 minutes, maintaining full throttle throughout.

I still haven't adjusted mine, but when I do I will just cut cookies for 3 to 5 minutes so that I am not revving it all out for too long.

Lootbug

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey alright...nice to see some more folks joining up!

Well, I finally got a little free time to work on this 550. Checked the transfer cover seals as Mastermind suggested, and they look perfectly good after removing and doing a visual inspection. Next step was supposed to be a vac/pressure check....until i took the carb off and realized I have to idea how to check a strato saw. I've only done maybe 15-20 pressure/vac tests, but they've all been on non-strato saws where you can just make a block off plate between the carb and intake boot. This 550 I don't see a way to do that...so how does one go about pressure/vac testing a 550?