Any news on a 572 husky?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
4:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
XP SLINGER why better get a 390 while you still can are they being discontinued or something? If its just from the 590 that's eventually due out to replace it I think time is still on our side....

Agreed, we still have time. But when the 5 series replacement comes out and has its first round of issues the old 3 series saws will be in high demand. Could be wrong, but look at how sought after OE 372'S are compared X-torq models. Not necessarily more expensive, but harder to come by for sure. People tend to hold on to models that aren't made anymore.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
True, but the trend is established. Were it not for the rocky start the 575 had, I believe that the 372 would have been long gone by now, even though it still exists as a strato XT design currently. Remember, there was a couple of years the 372 was NLA. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they already have a working "590" prototype in testing as we speak as Mike eluded to. They can't be caught with their pants down when the next round of EPA mandated product line emissions standards come out.

Production of the original 372xp never stopped (still haven't - they are made in Brazil), and even the year it was out of the US catalog they imported some batches into the US. ;)

If the rumors about "590" test saws are correct, it likely is well past the prototype stage, and have been for a while.

Last edited:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hope they put more effort into make the two crankcase halfs to fit better so we dont get those silly airleak around the cylinder foot as reporter to many times on 550/560

All I know about that are a rumor from a Swedish forum, told by a forum member that has several odd statements in his "backlog".

It is about the case not being assembled when the cylinder base is "planed".

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I know about that are a rumor from a Swedish forum, told by a forum member that has several odd statements in his "backlog".

It is about the case not being assembled when the cylinder base is "planed".
yes I know brumsten is a special person but he has a good point, I dont have problem with the two 550's I pulled the jug on, but there is no doubt they could have planed both crankcase halfs together, one of them was nice except that Husky hadnt cut crankcase gasket perfect, the other 550 wasnt anything to brag about when it goes to planed crankcase halfes.

I've only worked with two 550 but if this is normal quality I think brumsten is spot on.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yes I know brumsten is a special person but he has a good point, I dont have problem with the two 550's I pulled the jug on, but there is no doubt they could have planed both crankcase halfs together, one of them was nice except that Husky hadnt cut crankcase gasket perfect, the other 550 wasnt anything to brag about when it goes to planed crankcase halfes.

I've only worked with two 550 but if this is normal quality I think brumsten is spot on.

He may of course be right now and then, it just is hard to know when...

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's really about time for one of them to release. Been 5 years since the first ones came out for testing.

Yes, the 70cc class is overdue for some "fresh blood" - but it likely doesn't matter to them, as long as the old models sell well, and the EPA is happy.

They surely aren't rushing things this time....

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's really about time for one of them to release. Been 5 years since the first ones came out for testing.
they have stunning 50cc's and 60cc's, it's time for them to release bigger pro saws and lighter pro saws.

He may of course be right now and then, it just is hard to know when...
agree, it's hard to know when he say something who is correct or not, this time I actually belive he has right. I read his statement on the sweedish forum and luckily I had pull the jug on both 550's so I was able to check up if it was true or just *B-S.....
It aint so bad but I think it's worth to pay attention to this when we work with 545/550/555/560 and 562, special if Huskies quality controls is lowered to get up volume.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
what we have here ? another problem with the flagships husqvarna models ?? or i am wrong as everytime

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what we have here ? another problem with the flagships husqvarna models ?? or i am wrong as everytime
not really a huge problem, just a little detail they could had improved easily.....as long as waranty work I am fine with it, can't say I miss to work in the forrest with the other brand even they are more realiable...

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
not really a huge problem, just a little detail they could had improved easily.....as long as waranty work I am fine with it, can't say I miss to work in the forrest with the other brand even they are more realiable...

I dont know if is a bad luck but i have repair over of 30 560 with fails in the bearings specialy at the flywheel side , do you know something more about it ? i have tell the problem to the dealer but the dealer play his D........

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont know if is a bad luck but i have repair over of 30 560 with fails in the bearings specialy at the flywheel side , do you know something more about it ? i have tell the problem to the dealer but the dealer play his D........
clueless since I've unvoid them, thought they was to complicated for my simple mind
If I got it correct, ball bearing (525 43 42 02 and 505 13 35 02) is updated on both 550 and 560 after 2015 week 54, at least on 550 it is, included new C&P, crankshaft and top cover.
On 550 there has been several updates over the years, I was kinda shocked that there had been so many....