GoldMember
Local time
10:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
NICE :D
Thank you for sharing.

How much is left till free port? Thought the dolmar had short skirts?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked this saw up on the bay a couple years ago. It belonged to a logger. A log had rolled on it, and broke an av spring, brake handle, and some other smalls. His guys kept on using it and the added movement allowed by the broken spring caused the intake boot to rip, leaning it out and seizing it.
I cleaned off the transfer, and it still had a couple small scores in the plating. I figured it was worth trying to save so I ran with it.
This saw was my 2nd porting attempt. I followed build thread after build thread on AS, trying not to go too far with any grinding. I removed the base gasket to tighten squish, widened intake and exhaust, and blended the lower transfers.
I was really impressed with how it ran after I reassembled it. 8 tooth rim with 24" bar was crumb cake. Did some milling with it, and bucked probably 20 face cords of firewood.
And then my birthday came around :aplastao:and I figured what the hey. Let's do something cool for myself. I talked with Scott and he was interested in cleaning things up for me. I'm pretty excited to try it out

lwhaples

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed looking at the pic's.