High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

670 story

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey everyone,I'm new to the site,I do know a couple of you already,it was suggested I post this here,I won't mention any names,but I recently bought what I was told was a 670 champ,and it supposedly ran great,not so much at all!!
I ran it and it was a dog,I heat with wood so I cut allot,this barely cut as far as I was concerned.
It wouldn't re-start when hot,leaked oil all over, contacted seller with out much good help,will at least free help,seemed to be about more money.
I'm no expert by any stretch but I took it with a 2150 I have to a old jred dealer,he pointed out to me everything that WAS NOT 670 champ parts,like a Chinese coil,different carb,clutch,top cover etc,plus it leaked oil and gas from the get go,I was offered work done to it,but at my expense.
After buying a new coil 87.00 that fixed the hot start problem,oh and recoil partion was broke in 2 spots as well.
I sent a message to seller,and if u guess who,u could win 2 tickets to never never land ranch!? And gave 2 options as this was a bad deal all around,refund me 125 or send a return label at his/her expense and refund me the 340 I paid for it,I simply and nicely said I didn't want to argue or debate it,of course that's that's what's happening,I was asked how I came up with 125, I said simple coil 87.00 partion 14.00 3 hrs drive time for parts plus still need to fix oil/gas leak thought it was more than fair considering.
What do u guys thinkIMG_20201126_112939086.jpg IMG_20201126_113026225.jpg IMG_20201126_113014404.jpg IMG_20201126_112939086.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_062703697.jpg
    IMG_20201116_062703697.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 21

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How was the saw listed in the for sale ad? How did you pay for it? Could file a claim through PayPal stating it was not as described and seller is refusing to take care of the issues. Sorry to hear you are getting the run around. It’s always a concern when buying a saw on the forums. Hopefully you get something worked out with the seller

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None of my business but you are missing the inner bar plate or white nylon wear pad. The plate may help with the leak. A chain catch would also be nice as yours is broke off. Was this a seller on this site?? I think your resolution seems fair. Just saying.

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How was the saw listed in the for sale ad? How did you pay for it? Could file a claim through PayPal stating it was not as described and seller is refusing to take care of the issues. Sorry to hear you are getting the run around. It’s always a concern when buying a saw on the forums. Hopefully you get something worked out with the seller
None of my business but you are missing the inner bar plate or white nylon wear pad. The plate may help with the leak. A chain catch would also be nice as yours is broke off. Was this a seller on this site?? I think your resolution seems fair. Just saying.
Thank you

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It wasn't listed,I was looking,he found me!! I asked any questions I would have otherwise asked,but it just didn't pan out in my favor

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It dosent surprise me,it wasn't meant to be a shelf queen,but it was meant to operate and be correct

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd get a refund.

And was the seller from here? We kind of need to know cuz this is some *B-S.... being passed iff as good.
once I get a refund of some sort ill let u know, im almost positive you all know him

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am guessing this is the same 670 that you are selling on CL for $500?

If I was a betting man I'd bet the gas cap is leaking and the oil leak is the oil pick up hose. If a guy puts a little sealant on the bottom hose prior to install and then on the top prior to installing the pump 90% of the time it works every time!
Also as mentioned above an inner and outer bar plate is a must. There is a few of us on here that have lots of parts in these series of saws if needed.

2188redhead

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am guessing this is the same 670 that you are selling on CL for $500?

If I was a betting man I'd bet the gas cap is leaking and the oil leak is the oil pick up hose. If a guy puts a little sealant on the bottom hose prior to install and then on the top prior to installing the pump 90% of the time it works every time!
Also as mentioned above an inner and outer bar plate is a must. There is a few of us on here that have lots of parts in these series of saws if needed.
lol yes I do have it on CL, but know one has any interest,i really only want to sell power head as the bar is new,which i picked up in Lake Elmo at a hot tub store,yes a hot tub store,its a whole other story in its self..i actually have it sold to a friend for what I have in it,and just to update I did get a 125.00 refund,if u have plates for it,id probably be interested as if I pass the saw on it needs to be right,PM me and Ill give u my #

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wouldn’t want to pile on someone, which will happen if you mention names. And then the finger pointing will start.

The entire thing is unclear, it depends on how the saw was portrayed to you. I don’t know anything about that model. I can tell you that certain old husky’s have NLA clutches but can be retrofitted with some from newer models without detriment. The carb looks oem to me, but I’m guessing wrong for the model? As for the coil, I can understand the hot start issue, but I can’t see how it being bad would decrease performance-usually coil issues are all or none. Unless it’s totally wrong for the model and the timing is way off.

Does the saw run like it should now? Is the piston good looking through the ex port?

I have found the opposite about buying on the forum than what’s mentioned above. Usually it’s a safe buy if it’s from a respected member here. No one wants their name tarnished and the guys here have pride and integrity.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been into maybe 1 or 2 of these saws and I can tell you the clutch, carb and top cover are all oem. There is no AM top cover for a jonsered, they had several different tilly carb numbers along the way and that's one of the later clutches. According to the serial number it's a 1996.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I sold this fella the saw for $300+ shipping, I disclosed that I had only ran it for a few cuts, I did replace the seals, carb kit and swapped the tank in the saw as it was very faded, I checked the piston by pulling nthe muffler, I also spoke to the owner on the phone about the saw, said it was in better shape then he expected by the pics, I offered on multiple occasions to repair anything the saw needed, even offered to send him a different saw at my cost, I have and always will stand behind anything I sell, the parts are all genuine jred/Husqvarna with the exception of the coil, the saw started and ran fine with that coil for me and it's what the saw came to me with. When the OP asked for a refund I did ask how he came to the amount, but I never once griped it was to much or said I wouldn't pay it a I simply asked for his PayPal address, after he sent me the wrong address, I got that cleared up w PayPal and got him what he asked for, I do find it odd he says it's not a 670 but has it listed on Craigslist as a 670, I get he is going by what a dealer has told him since his knowledge on this model seems limited. I didn't know this thread existed till last evening or I would have responded sooner, I work in a ER and we are being hit hard right now w covid, so maybe he started this before I could reply to his txt. IDK. But I have tried to reply as quickly as I could.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold this fella the saw for $300+ shipping, I disclosed that I had only ran it for a few cuts, I did replace the seals, carb kit and swapped the tank in the saw as it was very faded, I checked the piston by pulling nthe muffler, I also spoke to the owner on the phone about the saw, said it was in better shape then he expected by the pics, I offered on multiple occasions to repair anything the saw needed, even offered to send him a different saw at my cost, I have and always will stand behind anything I sell, the parts are all genuine jred/Husqvarna with the exception of the coil, the saw started and ran fine with that coil for me and it's what the saw came to me with. When the OP asked for a refund I did ask how he came to the amount, but I never once griped it was to much or said I wouldn't pay it a I simply asked for his PayPal address, after he sent me the wrong address, I got that cleared up w PayPal and got him what he asked for, I do find it odd he says it's not a 670 but has it listed on Craigslist as a 670, I get he is going by what a dealer has told him since his knowledge on this model seems limited. I didn't know this thread existed till last evening or I would have responded sooner, I work in a ER and we are being hit hard right now w covid, so maybe he started this before I could reply to his txt. IDK. But I have tried to reply as quickly as I could.

Thank's for jumping in and clarifying.