6 cube 066

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it possible that between the clearance with bore and the compressed o-ring you're not getting the heat transfer at the top of the cylinder that you do with a 1-piece cylinder?

Is the o-ring totally compressed or is it acting as an insulator?
Almost fully compressed but still an insulator.

I'm sure the head heats up faster than the jug but it's the piston to jug relationship that really matters in this scenario I think

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a possibility, but I couldn't imagine what that would be, I'm very anal about internals being clean when I assemble. And for sawchips to do that is unlikely right?
Left side of picture between exhaust and transfer, horizontal lines ...is that oil or an optical concussion

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost fully compressed but still an insulator.

I'm sure the head heats up faster than the jug but it's the piston to jug relationship that really matters in this scenario I think

I was just thinking that with the o-ring acting as an insulator you may not be conducting as much heat away from the cylinder wall/piston as you would normally. Just brainstorming and I ain't workin' with much up there.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just thinking that with the o-ring acting as an insulator you may not be conducting as much heat away from the cylinder wall/piston as you would normally. Just brainstorming and I ain't workin' with much up there.
I would think it would be better to insulate the head from the jug. As the small head with little to no fins would put more heat into the cylinder than normal.

I think. :confused:

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would think it would be better to insulate the head from the jug. As the small head with little to no fins would put more heat into the cylinder than normal.

I think. :confused:

To my untrained eye, it looks like a cold seize in snowmobiles. Where everything hasn't come to temp and stabilized before a load is put on it.

Maybe I was backwards, possible that the head was sucking heat from the top of the bore and it didn't expand fully, yet?

Did you tighten the head down in any sort of steps or pattern?

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
forged piston has to be heat-cycled several times to relieve the internal stresses left over in the metal from the manufacturing process. If this isn't done properly, the piston will distort and become out-of-round, causing it to wedge itself into your cylinder.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To my untrained eye, it looks like a cold seize in snowmobiles. Where everything hasn't come to temp and stabilized before a load is put on it.
I 2as thinking cold seize , but it's most 4 corner ...is that what u see in snow machine?