550xp at-12

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local husky shop has a 550 that keeps flooding the bottom end...
I told them I'd take a look at it...
When opening up the carb I found this
IMG_20170403_194223728.jpg

Hard to see in the pic but plastic spacer/gasket then clear solid then clear spacer/gasket then metal coil then clear spacer/gasket then clear solid then plastic again that should make sense to anyone that has been in one I hope....
Although ipl shows this
IMG_20170403_193958401.jpg

Which really doesn't look anything like what was in there....
Anyone been in one and found this stacking layering of gaskets?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did you use the normal one gasket with the diaphragm and run it? Also the spiral diaphragm is the newer ethanol resistant one.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not. The clear gaskets were all gooey and rippled, figured I'd try cleaning them off and reassembling them first...
I ran it for a min last night before the Mrs got miffed cause the little one was just going to bed.
I'll try it again shortly.

The metering lever is different... May try that if it's still flooding as I have a spare carb.

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i would think if gaskets were all rippled you would be best off starting off with a new complete rebuild kit that way you know what your working with. Also have you checked to make sure that the needle is seating

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i would think if gaskets were all rippled you would be best off starting off with a new complete rebuild kit that way you know what your working with. Also have you checked to make sure that the needle is seating
I agree, although it's a 2016 demo with about an hour and change on it run on 50:1 canned gas....
Needle and seat look new, go figure, lol.

Started and ran this AM without being flooded. I will suggest replacing the carb parts but I'm sure they would just order another carb instead of a kit...

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which carb is it anyways? I'm assuming it's an EL.
walbro at-12 635 only markings i saw on the carb...
I'm still trying to recover from the flu so i'm still a little foggy..

Ran the saw a couple times and about 1/2 a tank thru it...
Hot here today upper 80's. Saw did not like to start hot but was flawless once you get get it to rev out once.... bogged and stumbled repeatedly, stalled and was generally a pain in the ass...

My personal 550 acted exactly the sane last week when temp/conditions were the same...
Saw ran fine previous 10 days with over 3+ gallons of fuel thru it....
Anyone else have running issues when hot??

Dropped the saw back off and reported findings and was told they were just going to order a carb for it and already had an authorization for it.... so i guess i just wasted my time fooling with it...

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well for future reference this is how it should be set up. Screenshot_20170404-212610.png
Some parts diagrams will include all options and picture them in the exploded view together. Up in this one it lists the other options but doesn't picture them. It can be misleading when they're all in the pic together.