Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if I didn’t get it, I wouldn’t be able to go cut wood and know super critical details like successful starts, attempted starts, idle time, WOT time, etc…..

Good thing I have some 500i’s too !

Maybe it’s capable of giving me a few warm fuzzies just knowing that I have it ?

One thing is for certain, it won’t hurt me to have it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tools are collectable. There big boy toys.

Crankncase pressure sensors. Delt with that on a Volvo semi. When the sensor was bad it would shut the truck off. Unplugging it let the engine run.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if I didn’t get it, I wouldn’t be able to go cut wood and know super critical details like successful starts, attempted starts, idle time, WOT time, etc…..

Good thing I have some 500i’s too !

Maybe it’s capable of giving me a few warm fuzzies just knowing that I have it ?

One thing is for certain, it won’t hurt me to have it.
It certainly won’t I’ve had one for 3 years and actually it is kinda neat to see the hours and starts on any or them. Think the last time I scanned the oldest 500 of the tree service it had like 15,000 rope pulls on it

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eventually I'll get a 500i in a bucket that someone brings me to fix shop because rates locally are 125.00 an hour I'm told
And it'll stay in that bucket
I'm not going to buy *s-word to work on a saw.
In the future I doubt there will ever be barn find computer saws

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eventually I'll get a 500i in a bucket that someone brings me to fix shop because rates locally are 125.00 an hour I'm told
And it'll stay in that bucket
I'm not going to buy *s-word to work on a saw.
In the future I doubt there will ever be barn find computer saws
I have a feeling later when the patents expire there will be aftermarket scanners and or enough efi saws are made that they make
It standardized like obd2 in a vehicle and the companies buy rights to make s scan tool for them. I buy tools just to work on saws because while some could be copied it sometimes is easier and cheaper to just buy that specialty saw tool.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a feeling later when the patents expire there will be aftermarket scanners and or enough efi saws are made that they make
It standardized like obd2 in a vehicle and the companies buy rights to make s scan tool for them. I buy tools just to work on saws because while some could be copied it sometimes is easier and cheaper to just buy that specialty saw tool.
I'm gonna say that this likely to never happen, no offense @lehman live edge slab but independence is becoming a thing of the past and tools like a chainsaw exemplify independence.
We don't even fix our own cars now without software verification and with every company on the planet getting carbon footprint money to go battery ope I highly doubt that the aftermarket will invest in something that will be gone in a few years.
It might be possible to find a hacker who can help, with the advent of personal AI around the corner anything can happen in the machine communication realm.
Last time I checked about swapping a junkyard twin turbo ford v6 into a maverick "70s version " the communication software was $11,000 to get the trans and engine working .
We have alot of convenience today which is nice ,but what we've traded for it; is lost to the memories of old men.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New developments.

I pressure checked the line while connected to the injector. Total fail. I couldn’t get it up to 1 PSI. I replaced the line but that caused no change. When pushing the primer it looks like the leak is coming from either the point where the top nipple fits into the housing or from the circular vent looking part directly behind.

image.jpg

Then I replaced the injector assembly. I pressure tested this as well. It only holds up to 5 PSI, then it makes a noise and drops back to 5. The saw now runs. Unfortunately it died abruptly several times during test cuts. I’ll take it down the hill tomorrow and see if I can get it to behave.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New developments.

I pressure checked the line while connected to the injector. Total fail. I couldn’t get it up to 1 PSI. I replaced the line but that caused no change. When pushing the primer it looks like the leak is coming from either the point where the top nipple fits into the housing or from the circular vent looking part directly behind.

View attachment 395914

Then I replaced the injector assembly. I pressure tested this as well. It only holds up to 5 PSI, then it makes a noise and drops back to 5. The saw now runs. Unfortunately it died abruptly several times during test cuts. I’ll take it down the hill tomorrow and see if I can get it to behave.
That peice looks so much like the convoluted water necks the euro cars use that contain sensors, tstats etc. I see alot of plastic welds in that. 😒

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That peice looks so much like the convoluted water necks the euro cars use that contain sensors, tstats etc. I see alot of plastic welds in that. 😒

Correct. I messed with this one some more. It’s leaking from the circle thing. Seems like a vent for over pressurizing, but it doesn’t hold on this one at all. It’s welded in. Not repairable.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Screenshot_20231105-204406_Chrome.jpg
Come to think of it, that sure looks like a latch hole... Fish around in there yet? This is starting to look like a "bring money witcha" (bmw)

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So that must be the pressure relief valve. Or fuel pressure regulator.?

Reactions: Lnk

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 395943
That sure looks like a turn stop. I wonder.... 😬

I tried. It’s welded. It looks like a stop but it goes below the circular rail. The open points in the rail also have welded plastic in them. Or they did until I carved it out. Still won’t spin or lift even the slightest.