High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

440 clutch

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So some things happened while doing some cuts to tune. Found a clutch spring broke a loop off and a retainer broke on one of the clutch pads. Half of the retainer is still there and stays on until you really try to get it off. Would anyone attempt to run it that way. I replaced all 3 springs, and I Have a clutch on the way hopefully it's in in time for the GTG this weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG1792.jpg
    IMAG1792.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 11

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you got another clutch somewhere that you could rob a spring off. I wouldn't run it with 2 springs like that but maybe it may kinda work. Only one shoe is has the correct spring pre-load, the other two have half the spring load. It may kinda function if you must make a few cuts. I'd run it with another spring off another clutch even if its not a perfect match 440 clutch spring. The right answer is NO, don't use that clutch. But....

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Have you got another clutch somewhere that you could rob a spring off. I wouldn't run it with 2 springs like that but maybe it may kinda work. Only one shoe is has the correct spring pre-load, the other two have half the spring load. It may kinda function if you must make a few cuts. I'd run it with another spring off another clutch even if its not a perfect match 440 clutch spring. The right answer is NO, don't use that clutch. But....
I replaced all 3 springs right after I took the picture so I'm running it with three my concern was with the pad retainers, the little black things that keep the pads from walking off the hub.
I ended up putting in together and running it and even with 3 new springs the clutch won't disengage all the times it should so I'm calling it junk