High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372XTorq to 365 Special Old School

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a 2011 372XT and am cleaning it up. Some scoring on the lower intake side of piston and upper part of piston on the exhaust side of the piston. I cleaned the piston up with 600 wet and dry a some 22o. The machine marks are visible at side on the top sides of the piston but barely if at all discernible on the lower skirts. My options are to buy a new Meteor Piston and Caber Ring set; I already have new seals and bearings for the lower end. Friend has a Mity Vac to pressure test and vac test when put back together.
My question is could I run the Walbro RWJ-4 Carb setup on an old school 365 Special Jug and new piston I have on hand if I want to? If I go that route I see how to use the 372XP OE boot by trimming the tab where the impulse line goes through as the carb screw mounting holes are different.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Mdavlee:
Thank you for your post. I am cleaning up the cylinder on the xtorque and will see what gives, but just wanted to confirm that the Xtorq carb could be adjusted to run on the 48 mm 365 special closed port jug. Appreciate the post.