362 Version 1 vs 2

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A business I deal with bought a bunch of saws from a dealer that was retiring. He deals with a lot of loggers so he bought mostly pro saws. He has 3 362s on the shelf, but they look like the version 1 saws.

Can someone tell me the differences or post pics of the differences? Other than weight, what is the difference? Is one "better" than the other?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Ver II is about 1/2 lb lighter, but no major performance difference.

Honestly, if you are running a 20" bar, choosing an E bar (instead of an ES) will make a bigger difference in both weight & handling. Both versions feel nose heavy with the ES bars.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believed there are other differences too like layed back cylinder, HP specs possibly intake manifold too?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe they mostly just changed the angle of the fins to make it look laid back, but yes there are other differences, just not major, hence no change in the saw #.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. When did this change take place?

I looked at them this morning and they are Version 1 saws. This leads me to believe they have been sitting a while at the dealer. I don't want to buy one if there have been other updates on this model that may cause me issues. The price is good, but I can get one from the statewide contract cheaper and it be the new version.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
get the new version its lighter. a 60cc saws big appeal is good handling and low weight for less operator fatigue

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I am going to order two new ones from our statewide contract. The one thing I didn't like in the old version was the bumper spike. It was kinda flimsy looking. Will the spike from a different saw fit?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe so, but I just put an outer spike on. They are a little different than most, but with a little bit of modification it worked just fine! So far, the original spike is holding up just fine.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe they mostly just changed the angle of the fins to make it look laid back, but yes there are other differences, just not major, hence no change in the saw #.
I hear they did that cylinder redesign for better cooling possibly as well ?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I am going to order two new ones from our statewide contract. The one thing I didn't like in the old version was the bumper spike. It was kinda flimsy looking. Will the spike from a different saw fit?

The inner dawg on the new version works better...it fits the old one as well.

Or you can buy a set that comes with a roller from stihl if thats what you're after.

Or you can go on ebay and buy an aftermarket set...you can get pretty colors if you like..just dont buy the oversized set stick with the OEM size, its stupid on a 60cc saw to have those huge dawgs.

Whatever makes you feel good.