High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

357 questions

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 357 is really coming together nicely.. I'm very pleased. Waiting on a very few parts before she's ready to fire up.

On another note, I going to also get a ,325 sprocket. I was so pleased with the .325 LPX on the 552 (550 Mk ll ) when I bought it, and later the .325 LGX, that I'm gonna' have to give it a try!

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 357 is really coming together nicely.. I'm very pleased. Waiting on a very few parts before she's ready to fire up.

On another note, I going to also get a ,325 sprocket. I was so pleased with the .325 LPX on the 552 (550 Mk ll ) when I bought it, and later the .325 LGX, that I'm gonna' have to give it a try!
Your call. But 357s are a 3/8 saw imho.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finally near complete. Very carefully assembled... it's my first one.

The carb had the limiters removed when I got it. I've got H & L set 1 1/8 turns out as a starting point. Most places I read said one turn, but i've also read 1 1/4, so I compromised... Can't be too far off...

To paraphrase and old cig commercial.. You've come a long way, Baby.. and me along with it. Thought i could steal some bar nuts, but they're all large mount., so, a day or two more..

All that's left is to fuel it, spool it, and tune it..

I'm excited!

P.S.

Customized an old screwdriver specifically to catch those thin carb screws..

kFQsvMP.jpg

9CeOZG5.jpg

RrLZEw8.jpg

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally near complete. Very carefully assembled... it's my first one.

The carb had the limiters removed when I got it. I've got H & L set 1 1/8 turns out as a starting point. Most places I read said one turn, but i've also read 1 1/4, so I compromised... Can't be too far off...

To paraphrase and old cig commercial.. You've come a long way, Baby.. and me along with it. Thought i could steal some bar nuts, but they're all large mount., so, a day or two more..

All that's left is to fuel it, spool it, and tune it..

I'm excited!

P.S.

Customized an old screwdriver specifically to catch those thin carb screws..

kFQsvMP.jpg

9CeOZG5.jpg

RrLZEw8.jpg
Nice.
You might also find it useful to cut some short lengths of fuel hose and slip them over the ends of the tuning screws. The limiter type screws have a very small head and the hose helps the screwdriver hit the head when everything is vibrating away while you are doing the tune.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice.
You might also find it useful to cut some short lengths of fuel hose and slip them over the ends of the tuning screws. The limiter type screws have a very small head and the hose helps the screwdriver hit the head when everything is vibrating away while you are doing the tune.
I snip the tabs and put the caps back over the screws.