Trader history (0)

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The light weight or the standard bars? The standard bars are about as tough as they come and the long bars the belly helps in the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new lightweight is what I want to try out. The cannon regular weight bars I had were the same weight or less than Stihl ES bars in the same length with wide nose tips.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new lightweight is what I want to try out. The cannon regular weight bars I had were the same weight or less than Stihl ES bars in the same length with wide nose tips.

At the price of them even if I was cutting everyday I’d have hard time justifying it unless it was a 42 or a 50 that’s where someone is missing a reduced weight bar.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the price of them even if I was cutting everyday I’d have hard time justifying it unless it was a 42 or a 50 that’s where someone is missing a reduced weight bar.

They are pricey for sure. I do want to try one to compare to the Oregon ones I have

gyp69

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Cannon is the best built, longest lasting chainsaw bar made. If you want to know why you can read about their process of building bars at Cannon Bar Works, click on Why Cannon? I should add that I have ran only Oregon, Stihl and Cannon bars so I am by no means an expert on all bars, but of these three Cannon is superior imo.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cannon is the best built, longest lasting chainsaw bar made. If you want to know why you can read about their process of building bars at Cannon Bar Works, click on Why Cannon? I should add that I have ran only Oregon, Stihl and Cannon bars so I am by no means an expert on all bars, but of these three Cannon is superior imo.
I tried many many more as they rolled through over the years. Almost all were used and in dire need of dressing on the rails, some worn out just dragging the drags, yuck. The point is the rails on the big three you mentioned but a Cannon for me, only dressed two maybe, are hard as Chinese algebra when they were purple/blue. Black steel is usually cracked. Your not filing or using the rail dresser on anything cooked. Belt sander territory for sure. Cheap bars never harden they melt. Stihl bars and old GB get harder over time. Blue/purple rails were like no other when dressed up. I have and old 84dl ES that never needs much but a tip and light dressing not very often. The big GB roller lives on the mill and needs nothing. It was cooked blue when I got it. Dressed it once. Must be something to that quality steel.