CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am cleaning up the 262XP I just got, and I want to remove the filter cover clips so I can clean them properly, but they seem to be a one-way type of installation. Is there a trick to removing these without using a hacksaw or a torch?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spray it out with brake cleaner?
I'm not sure how they come out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would likely work to get the crud out of there, but I want to re-finish them. I think the saw sat outside and the clips are a bit rusty. I thought I'd clean them up then dip them in gun blue.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am cleaning up the 262XP I just got, and I want to remove the filter cover clips so I can clean them properly, but they seem to be a one-way type of installation. Is there a trick to removing these without using a hacksaw or a torch?
Flat blade screw driver in from the top and push the spring tab to release the clip from the cover ....after popping the filter cover off.

Last edited:

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I got those clips out and man are they hard to remove. I followed Simon's advice and used a flat blade screwdriver. The clip on the recoil side is almost impossible to remove - all the others are just really difficult.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well I got those clips out and man are they hard to remove. I followed Simon's advice and used a flat blade screwdriver. The clip on the recoil side is almost impossible to remove - all the others are just really difficult.
Glad you got them out, with a touch of oil on the tab they pull /push back in ok. It sure isn't something you want to be doing often....if the slot is spotless without any muck in them it helps a bit on extraction.