High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

2011 husqvarna 562 high end bog/stall???

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would at least throw a new kit in the carb before considering a new one. During this time you can take Randy's advise one step further by checking the backside of the piston and having a peek under to make sure the bearing cages are still intact. Another indicator to blown plastic bearing cages are melted bits of burnt plastic bonded to the muffler screen.
The carb problems these saws are most known for are happening before or after they hit the wood and bogging at throttle up.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sent my 562 off to the gentleman with a lot of hair and skinny legs, so I am told. Saw only has seen light use with no problems, but if it runs stronger, will enjoy dropping it into a few oaks hit by wilt. This has been the worst year for sap spray, leaf scale, aphids and some gypsy moth. Wash sticky stuff off one day and it's there the next.

Last edited:

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 2011 model with el44 carb and never a problem. The saw has been fantastic!

Shelf queens rarely do. How many hours do you figure you have on that saw? It like new, right?:)

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No shelf queens here. Are you one? :)

Again, how many hours you got on your 562? You say it's been flawless and never had any problems. If it's a low hour saw and you say "the saw has been fantastic", then that statement is really meaningless. Not trying to poke a stick in your eye...just stating a fact.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, how many hours you got on your 562? You say it's been flawless and never had any problems. If it's a low hour saw and you say "the saw has been fantastic", then that statement is really meaningless. Not trying to poke a stick in your eye...just stating a fact.

I had about 520 hours on my first one with no issues. I have about 175 hours on my second one, which was modified by Mastermind, with no issues.

It's interested how I never heard much about bog or hesitation issues with the 555- perhaps there's something in the "Rev Boost" system that contributed to the problem?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^ Just saying if a guy does not like a junk saw, he should sell it cheap! Free shipping too!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Modified throttle plate?

No sir. I hate to say it out loud Keith.......I'm afraid it might stop helping. lol

I've been increasing pop-off pressure. I know.......ass backward from everything we think we should do. It has fixed a few now though.

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know how many hours, but around 100 would be a good guess. The 562 isn't the saw I run most of the time.