Trader history (0)

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need an OEM 046 cylinder to make my MS440 into a hybrid. I don't know enough to have a preference on which type (D or hemi), as long as it is cleaned up or can be cleaned up.
Thanks!

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Doesnt matter all numbers are chanfmged when base and squish cut depends on builder.some prwferd some prefer hemi.i was told by two known porters the hemi makes more power.i had 2 hemis and 1 d chamber.and did some horse trading long story short.

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
trooney, I responded to your PM.
And Cracker Boy, thanks for the info. Any idea about the piston? Should I seek OEM or would I be OK with a Meteor?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
trooney, I responded to your PM.
And Cracker Boy, thanks for the info. Any idea about the piston? Should I seek OEM or would I be OK with a Meteor?

Will,

There is a very in-depth thread going on here on OPE: please check it out.

There seems to sometimes be some extra works.

I’ll pay you for your 50mm Top End if you Agree to sell.

OEM Piston Prices Have come Down lately.

Hit UP Diamond Dallas Dave’s CCC page on the bay & see what he has.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
P.S,

I just looked on CCC, & I wish I’d bought a 461 piston when they were so cheap back in the summer, to put on the shelf for 2029.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can use either meteor is a little heavier then oem.not that youd notice the diff.im using a used oem in mine.with new caber rungs.just cuz i had it.oem is 75 bucks they really went up on them this year.allmost twice what they cost a year ago.your choice id go meteor due to cost.if i didnt have used.email ryan at wolf creek saw shop tell him brian told you bout him.he will give you good price.they come wth new cabers too. Free ship no tax. also a d is a hard one to find too i hunted high and low and when i found it.the d was what i bought 2 hemi chambers for.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Will,

There is a very in-depth thread going on here on OPE: please check it out.

There seems to sometimes be some extra works.

I’ll pay you for your 50mm Top End if you Agree to sell.

OEM Piston Prices Have come Down lately.

Hit UP Diamond Dallas Dave’s CCC page on the bay & see what he has.
What do you mean in depth thread.and extra works sometimes.can you please explain.thanx

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Shoot when i was looking for a p/c for same thing i got goose egg replies.it sat up there for quite a while i found 3 elsewere.im trying to share what i learned to do same saw talking to the porters.mine is a runnung complete 044

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw the part about the cylinder to case clearance...looks like some light grinding is all thats required.

Shoot when i was looking for a p/c for same thing i got goose egg replies.it sat up there for quite a while i found 3 elsewere.im trying to share what i learned to do same saw talking to the porters.mine is a runnung complete 044

I appreciate you sharing info. Mine is a running MS440.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Glad to help i just went thru all this in fact just shipped my saw out last week.whod you decide on to port if you dont mind my asking.also a hd11 carb is recomended but there hard to find anymore. Unleas used or new old stock next best is a hd50

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't decided just yet on the portwork, and thanks for the carb info, I haven't read about that part yet

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Iirc the cylinder mount holes need to be elongated also.

Right you are. But no machine work involved just fitting the cylinder to the host 044. From all I understand--Grind base to clear crankcase, slot the base holes, and grind the exterior transfer area to clear the flywheel. Then let someone work their magic inside:thumbsup:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right you are. But no machine work involved just fitting the cylinder to the host 044. From all I understand--Grind base to clear crankcase, slot the base holes, and grind the exterior transfer area to clear the flywheel. Then let someone work their magic inside:thumbsup:
A few fins need to disappear as well.

72thing

Chain dulling master
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha, thanks for the info, doc. It's so nice getting great advice from members on here. I'm relatively new to this forum but not to chainsaws. After attending Randy's GTG I have the bug worse than ever before!

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the info, doc. It's so nice getting great advice from members on here. I'm relatively new to this forum but not to chainsaws. After attending Randy's GTG I have the bug worse than ever before!
It only gets worse my feiend,