High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

034 pistons open or closed window/ based on open or closed port cylinder

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
11:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Today i ordered a meteor piston my vendor asked if i wanted a windowed or non windowed piston. I said didnt know there was an option. He asked is old piston windowed or non windowed and that its determined by the ports being open or closed. I said well im putting an open port 46 mm cylinder on it he said that the closed window would be best. I do know stihl only calls for one piston wich is open windows. Any thoughts comments pics or would greatly appreciated. When he told me this the little wheels started to spin. Now id like to try this piston on both open ports and closed ports on same saw rim bar and chain and do a test.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interested in this also as I have 034 I'm building an have open and closed port cylinders but my piston is open window ? Wonder which would be better to build ?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Closed window piston would probly close off the transfers too much on the closed port cylinder.

There could be an advantage but it would have to be fit up and checked out

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Closed window piston would probly close off the transfers too much on the closed port cylinder.

There could be an advantage but it would have to be fit up and checked out
Honestly wouldnt know how to fit up and check. Any suggestions40731.jpeg here is pic of the meteor 46 mm closed window piston.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It has alot of support all the way around to me for the open port cylinder.im kinda looking forward the build.not much room for piston skirt wear.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s the right piston for those cylinders
If so why does meteor offer open and closed port pistons for the 46 mm stihl. 034 please explain the reason. This is why i created the thread thanx.

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That piston looks better for a open port ? Like you said has upper and lower support!!
If you look at the bottom of the transfer ports they are closed off from the crank case a sold piston would not create good flow.unless the piston you Have is narrower at the bottom,If it is narrower at the bottom go for it.