Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless you have driven with snow tires, you can't appreciate the amount of grip they afford. I dominated an Audi club winter driving event in a four cylinder 3 series bmw with snow tires. They truly make a difference. The policy still stands, your tires will still last twice as long if you use them half the time.
Winter tires are the bomb, and true most drivers don't know the difference and think they can drive on summer tires in the winter same as in the summer.
No, You can not!

View attachment 404613

While I would agree that a 2 foot cheater bar is necessary on occasion, I would deem it unnecessary when you broke both the shaft and the gears for the head tilt mechanism in this mill a month ago. Between the cheater pipe, the junk all over his table, and the 3 20 minute breaks in 3 hours, I couldn't take it anymore.

I had to leave early. I can't stomach watching the equipment I use to earn my living get abused like this. It would be one thing if he were teachable, but I'm just grateful this one shows up wearing pants. I need to get some clarification from management as to what I am allowed to do as far as guidance or discipline.

I finally understand why every older toolmaker I've ever worked with was such a grouchy pucker.
I have become grumpy & grouchy!
A "fresh out of school CNC operator" once told me (having manned a CNC 5-axis mill for 10 years through 3 shifts) "WTF do You know, I went to school for this!".

Now I just watch them idiots wreck the machines and the superiors freaking every time yet not replacing the s#itty operators.

I used to be responsible for programming, sample processing and maintenance of the mills, but I didn't kiss my superiors a$$es EVER.
I got demoted back to operator, for the better. Now I enjoy laughing straight into my superiors faces whenever a machine is down and they look over to me - they don't dare ask me to take a look!

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Winter tires are the bomb, and true most drivers don't know the difference and think they can drive on summer tires in the winter same as in the summer.
No, You can not!

I have become grumpy & grouchy!
A "fresh out of school CNC operator" once told me (having manned a CNC 5-axis mill for 10 years through 3 shifts) "WTF do You know, I went to school for this!".

Now I just watch them idiots wreck the machines and the superiors freaking every time yet not replacing the s#itty operators.

I used to be responsible for programming, sample processing and maintenance of the mills, but I didn't kiss my superiors a$$es EVER.
I got demoted back to operator, for the better. Now I enjoy laughing straight into my superiors faces whenever a machine is down and they look over to me - they don't dare ask me to take a look!

If you and I weren't on opposite sides of the world, I could see us getting along very well if we shared the same workspace

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you and I weren't on opposite sides of the world, I could see us getting along very well if we shared the same workspace.
Neither of youse guys would be HAPPY 'til yaous'all had something to complain about, That would be "THE MANAGEMENT" or Some cat tossed into a curr fight. Resisting was futile obviously I had to comment.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Neither of youse guys would be HAPPY 'til yaous'all had something to complain about, That would be "THE MANAGEMENT" or Some cat tossed into a curr fight. Resisting was futile obviously I had to comment.

Have you ever worked in a shop where people didn't complain? Where everything was perfect and everybody did what was expected of them for their job position, skill level and pay grade?

Yeah, me neither!

Wilhelm and I seem to speak the same language.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever worked in a shop where people didn't complain? Where everything was perfect and everybody did what was expected of them for their job position, skill level and pay grade?

Yeah, me neither!

He!! , I Get into Arguements with myselves, until some unsuspecting twit gives us a breather.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you and I weren't on opposite sides of the world, I could see us getting along very well if we shared the same workspace
At work I have become notorious as being unapproachable & unfriendly!
It certainly helps keep the cocky youngsters away from me, unfortunately the same goes for female coworkers.

At times there are gatherings of 6+ operators at a single machine, all trying to resolve a issue - it some times takes hours yet the superiors do not question the machine standing still (the mills are monitored).
Why TF should I care considering we "operators" are all getting the same paycheck irregardless of shown knowledge?!

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He!! , I Get into Arguements with myselves, until some unsuspecting twit gives us a breather.
That is one way of keeping idiots away from You.

Swearing in German and my face turning blood red when I am angry, and having a loud voice in doing so, makes coworkers afraid of approaching me!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yeah, me neither!

You speak German too?!
I thought I understood Your babbling. 😝

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IT has become a real problem when the management/supervisor is not capable of performing the position the manager/supervisor is being paid to oversee.

I have been a self employed employee for many years. That isn't always a good thing. I am always the problem employee that never gets demoted or promoted and has been fired more times than Hired (Pessimistic point of view)
At work I have become notorious as being unapproachable & unfriendly!
This works for Da(great)Nieces and Da(great)Nefews as well.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This works for Da(great)Nieces and Da(great)Nefews as well.
I have one of each.
My niece is very shy, maybe even afraid of me.
She likes bugs! :)

My nephew is curious and approachable.
He surprised me when he showed quite a high level of interest in chainsaws last year.
I will have to bulk him up a bit as he is pretty slender.
He is into RC stuff at the moment, we will see what happens when the hormones kick in. ;)

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You speak German too?!
I thought I understood Your babbling. 😝
Hotshot - A member on A nother S ite Posted a german yt video on Bosch ignitions and responded to a comment about what the video was saying. "Can't hear German". People do a second thought when I say "You're on my blind side, I Can't Hear you"

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
03* F here so it is warm enough to go carry some wood in.
After a 2 hour walk with my pup, and lunch, I bucked, split & debarked a tank full of fuel worth (more than what is bucked in the attached picture!) - Dolmar PS-550 with MM is hauling, turkey oak.

IMG_20240120_152713.jpg