High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 395 issues..............Husqvarna customer support is pathetic.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am about as frustrated with a company as I can get. Husqvarna customer support is a complete joke and a misnomer. I am thoroughly pissed at them. :mad: A few weeks ago a friend of mine who is a logger here dropped off some saws that were no longer being used as he replaces quite often. There were (2) 395's that just had a bit of age on them. He said they had sat a spell but he fired them up a couple days earlier. Well the first saw fired right up, decent compression, decent top end, no issues other than some battle scars. The second one would not fire at all. I pulled the plug and no spark. I assume the coil/module had pooped the bed. I had this happen in 2005 with a 3120 and Husqvarna covered it under the lifetime ignition warranty.

On Wednesday April 24th I stopped by our local Husqvarna dealer to see what he thought. I did not take the saw, just a picture of the serial number tag. He said it would take a bit to get ahold of Husky so I left. I came back a few hours later and he said Husky had no record of the saw ever being registered. I was not sure where this saw had been purchased from but it should not matter as a servicing dealer is a servicing dealer and Husqvarna damn sure knows who sold the saw. He said since the saw was never registered he could not do anything with it under a warranty claim. Now I want to be crystal clear at this point I am not upset in the slightest with the local dealer. He and his family are great local folks.

I get home that afternoon and I try to find a phone number for Husqvarna. The first goes to some dumb poo third party warranty sham company. I keep digging. I find a valid site and it is a damn chat bot. I go back and forth with the chat bot and continually request a phone conversation. Finally they agree and a girl from probably India calls me. I had already submitted a pic of the serial number tag. She was totally clueless hence no customer support. I finally get transferred to a guy in the Kansas City area based on area code. In any event he is only slightly more knowledgeable but he still says the saw was never registered and no work can be done under warranty. I point out how ridiculous that is. If it was not registered that is not my fault at all. Why should I be denied service because Husqvarna failed to do their job. Husqvarna knows exactly what saws they build, what dates they build them, what factory they are built in, what distributor they go to, what dealer the go to. At that point it is the dealer's responsibility to register the saw when it is sold. That is simple folks. He and I have a spirited but cordial conversation and he is adamant it was never registered thus they cannot do anything about it, He says it is the buyers job to register it. I say BS. He claims they do not keep track of serial numbers unless the buyer registers it. Well common sense says that is bullcheet!!! :mad: So they do not keep track of serial numbers but ole Joe Blow has a crapped out china clone and makes up a fake serial number to register it as a Husky? What a crock of chit. Let's say someone working in a Husqvarna factory loading semi's walks out with a couple 395's. Do you think the company is not going to know the serial numbers of the saws that are missing? How about someone breaks into a Husky dealership and takes some saws. You think the dealer will not have a record of the serial numbers? There line of malarky stinks to high heavens. I am frustrated but it was obvious the conversation was heading nowhere so it was time to do a bit more research.

On Thursday April 25th I contact them again but of course through the damn chatbot crap. They still claim they have no record of the saw (of course I was not expecting that to change). At this point I send them a picture of (2) new 395's I personally bought. I send them pictures of the labels on the end of the box showing all the information. They claim those were not registered either. At this point the steam is building and leaking a bit from my ears. I request a phone conversation. I get a call from a girl in India again. She still says neither of those saws were registered either. I give her my personal information and ask her to see how many 395's are registered to me. She comes back in a bit and says they have no record of any saws being registered to me. The steam is getting higher now, I truly know they are 100% clueless. I ask why is it I have bought (12) new 395's in 2 years and not a one of them you have a record of? She had no answer. I ask if they have no record of them, then why is it that everytime I but a group of (4) new 395's I get (4) letters from Husqvarna in the mail thanking me for my purchase and trying to sell me an extended warranty. I tell her I am holding the last (4) letters in my hand. She had no answer. Obviously the conversation was heading nowhere so it was time to collect more information.

I later contacted Bruce and sent him a pic of the serial number tag on the saw that needs serviced. He got back to me the next day with every piece of information I needed. He did this even though he had not sold the saw. As always, a top notch guy which I sincerely appreciate. :) He gave me the name of the dealer that sold it, the person sold to, and the date sold. Of course it was sold to the man who brought it to me. I had forgotten that in late 2021 he had bought some 395's from a dealer in Missouri. I got ahold of that dealer and they were great, top notch. They had a record of the sale and said they had no idea why Husqvarna was claiming they could not find it in their records. They said it was clearly registered.

Well I then when back to the ole chat bot system and attacked it again. I now had some very definitive proof they were full of cow crap in regards to it not being registered. After a bunch of back and forth with the chatbot I finally got on the phone with the same Husqvarna company rep down in Kansas City. He still was claiming it was not registered and told me to get ahold of the dealer it was bought from. He said to get a receipt of purchase. Well the saw was bought in December 2021 so I doubt they have a receipt and they damn sure did register it. They did their job and this is not their issue, Husqvarna is just making excuses for their piss-poor customer service.

On Thursday May 9th I took the saw to the local dealer and gave him all the purchase information. I told him what I had found out. He said he could not do anything about it without a receipt or proof of it being registered. I explained that it clearly had been registered if not Bruce would not have been able to get all the details. I explained the dealer in Missouri confirmed the details and that it was registered by them. The saw was indeed registered and it needs to be fixed under warranty period. He said to have the dealer in Missouri send me a receipt and bring it in. I contacted them Thursday night via email and they got back to me promptly Friday morning. She said there was nothing they could send me as a receipt but if I wanted to bring it down they would do what they could. Well they are a solid 3hrs south so a 7 hour trip twice is not in the cards. I got home Friday afternoon and contacted the Husky chatbot crap again. They drug the conversation out long enough they could claim the escalation department was closed for the weekend.

I am so fed up with Husqvarna and their lack of customer support. This entire issue should have been dealt within 10 minutes.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the AI future.
Well yes AI sucks but I have spoke with real live folks employed by Husqvarna that are still dumber than a damn hedge post. The saw was clearly registered by the dealer. The dipsticks at Husqvarna are just making excuses to shirk their duty to provide customer service.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saga will carry on Monday. I just thought some might have had experience dealing with Husqvarna.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't there a 2 year warranty on Husqvarna saws?
If so, purchased in 21 makes it out of warranty.

Your mad because they won't warranty a saw that's out of warranty and the actual fault with the saw is unknown or am I totally not understanding where this is going?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't there a 2 year warranty on Husqvarna saws?
If so, purchased in 21 makes it out of warranty.

Your mad because they won't warranty a saw that's out of warranty and the actual fault with the saw is unknown or am I totally not understanding where this is going?
No, I am mad because Husqvarna claims the saw was never registered when in fact it was. As for warranty the ignition should still be covered.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am now waiting in their stupid chat bot system again.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it just be easier to buy a new coil instead of pissing and moaning over it for almost a month on a saw outta warranty? I suppose some people just like to *b-word and complain.
When a company offers a lifetime coil warranty they should honor it....

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless husqvarna would send you the coil for the warranty claim, it seems this is something for a dealer to take care of. That's kinda their job.
It is the dealer's responsibility to fix it but it is Husqvarna's responsibility to not make excuses on registration. I cannot expect the dealer to fix it if Husqvarna is going to tell them to pound salt when it comes time to be paid.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you try several spark plugs, check air gap, disconnect on/off switch? Test coil with ohms meter?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless husqvarna would send you the coil for the warranty claim, it seems this is something for a dealer to take care of. That's kinda their job.
This
Over the year's for bad coils
I have dropped off 3 customer saws to my Husqvarna dealer and they took care of it and installed the new coils.