Husqvarna 465

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone ever ported these saws? They are the Autotune version of the 455/460 clamshells, only made a few years.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In for answers. I have one. It was my first decent saw. Still runs and cranks great.

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I doubt Randy would want to mess with a 465, he stays pretty busy. I got two saws in line with him right now.

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m too busy rounding up more work for you 🤠
I just put together a 372 Xtorq parts saw I was going to send you to port. While I was tuning the carb it locked up solid, gotta see what that is all about.

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just put together a 372 Xtorq parts saw I was going to send you to port. While I was tuning the carb it locked up solid, gotta see what that is all about.
That was meant for Steve … 🤠

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m good as long as I can keep going out in the woods and running a saw. Picture of me and some friends this weekend doing fuels mitigation west of Boulder, CO. I’m the one with ear miffs around my neck. I was the “senior crew leader” at seventy-five, but average age was around seventy 🤠

Attachments

• image0000.jpeg
    image0000.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 9

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was meant for Steve … 🤠
Maybe it's trying to tell you it want's to be a OE conversion. LOL

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m good as long as I can keep going out in the woods and running a saw. Picture of me and some friends this weekend doing fuels mitigation west of Boulder, CO. I’m the one with ear miffs around my neck. I was the “senior crew leader” at seventy-five, but average age was around seventy 🤠
From the pile behind you fellas it looks like you're still getting it done.
Your seals came in the mail and it will be a little bit yet before the 362 makes it to top of the list.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True. Was very unhappy with the transfer covers too.....
Even so, runs good and I still cut firewood with it some.
Main complaint I had was it would die in the cut if you so much as even looked at the dawgz, running the 24" bar that came with it. I believe that was a bit optimistic on Husqvarna's part. That all ended after I got it back, it would bear down and buck up whatever it came across.
One time I took it out with 5 other saws to cut up a 36" red oak. The starter stuffing came out of the Pro Mac 700, both the 266 and 272 decided it was time for the coils to die, the 440 wouldn't start and stay running and my 550xpg vapor locked, good thing I brought the 460 R along, it was the only one that would start and stay running so as to complete the cutting.
That saw has always been that way, so how can I knock it, just because it's not a "PRO" model?