High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Difference between conventional and synthetic oil.

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there benifits or problems using stihl ultra synthetic vs stihl conventional 2 stroke oil?

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a good quality semi synthetic low ash oil at 40:1 on all my 2 stroke equipment and have done for years, have had no problems yet.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there benifits or problems using stihl ultra synthetic vs stihl conventional 2 stroke oil?
Yes. If only choosing between those 2 oils, you’re much better off using the orange bottle conventional oil. The Ultra is a sales gimmick and burns dirty.

There are already a couple oil threads, and they usually turn into a lot of arguments. True synthetic is superior to conventional in every way. Problem is that oils can be marketed as synthetic with as little as 15% synthetic base stocks in them.. So be careful what you buy into. Do your research. Pick an oil and ratio, and run it.
I’d recommend Amsoil, but I’m a little biased. Lastly, running a heavier mix, like 40:1 or 32:1 is better over all and won’t cause any problems provided the carburetor is tuned properly. More oil for the crank bearings keeps that engine alive longer with less wear.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. If only choosing between those 2 oils, you’re much better off using the orange bottle conventional oil. The Ultra is a sales gimmick and burns dirty.

There are already a couple oil threads, and they usually turn into a lot of arguments. True synthetic is superior to conventional in every way. Problem is that oils can be marketed as synthetic with as little as 15% synthetic base stocks in them.. So be careful what you buy into. Do your research. Pick an oil and ratio, and run it.
I’d recommend Amsoil, but I’m a little biased. Lastly, running a heavier mix, like 40:1 or 32:1 is better over all and won’t cause any problems provided the carburetor is tuned properly. More oil for the crank bearings keeps that engine alive longer with less wear.
Nice post. Who are you?

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've tried reading the other threads and i get a headache. I thank you for your response! Now, i just got turned on to a gallon of amsoil sabre.

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even though it is synthetic?

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

50:1 would be double what Sabre claims to be adequate at 100:1

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently switched to dominator at 40:1 and it feels like my saws make more power
I also use Dominator but at 32:1

For those that don’t know, Dominator does not have a fuel stabilizer in its additive package. Saber does have stabilizers for longer storage between uses.. Something to keep in mind. Doesn’t affect me because I use my saws almost daily.

Jscb1b

Mister Slapnut
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I don't need sta-bil in my saber mix?

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also use Dominator but at 32:1

For those that don’t know, Dominator does not have a fuel stabilizer in its additive package. Saber does have stabilizers for longer storage between uses.. Something to keep in mind. Doesn’t affect me because I use my saws almost daily.
I have been running Sabre at 50:1 for the last 20+ years.

I would feel better about Dominator if they would add a dye to the oil.