Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Superbowl ring with the Falcons?šŸ˜‚ Fat chance, youā€™re right.

Heā€™s going to be the highest paid coach in college football. I donā€™t think heā€™s leaving unless he has to.
I think the only way he jumps to the NFL is if he has either his pick of GM (like Shanahan in SF) or GM level power himself. He isnā€™t about to jump into another Trent Baalke situation again.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8:30ish in the video.

The pure and simple fact of the matter is every school is sign stealing. Everyā€¦. Singleā€¦. One of them. If everyone does it is it still cheating?

The whole problem goes away if the greedy NCAA decides to part with some of their precious profits and ponies up to move out of the dark ages and goes with NFL style headsets for all the teams. Which they should have done ages ago, but didnā€™t because they got push back from all the schools who would rather continue sign stealing. Calling U M cheaters at this point is reductive and just plain sour grapes.
M had proof that other schools were doing it all along and even offered that info to the NCAA but no one did anything about it. Ohio State was asked about it and denied any allegations and the questioning was over almost as soon as it began. Harbaugh denies it and they slap a 3 game suspension on him just to get it swept under the rug because there are some higher-ups pissed that Michigan was doing well

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
M had proof that other schools were doing it all along and even offered that info to the NCAA but no one did anything about it. Ohio State was asked about it and denied any allegations and the questioning was over almost as soon as it began. Harbaugh denies it and they slap a 3 game suspension on him just to get it swept under the rug because there are some higher-ups pissed that Michigan was doing well
Itā€™s the hypocrisy of the whole thing that really bugs the hell outta me. Fans from other school have been howling ā€œcheatersā€ since the whole thing went down but put their head in the sand when itā€™s pointed out their school has been doing the same damn thing for literally since the beginning of football. Itā€™s just part of the game and always has been.

As far as Stallions is concerned do we really believe that Harbaugh is stupid enough to run some kind of sign stealing ring through a knucklehead using his personal credit card to buy all these tickets? I mean how much of a sheep do you have to be to believe such garbage from the media. I mean I expect such nonsense from salty Ohio state fans like this guy.IMG_3755.jpeg But come on people wake up. Itā€™s pretty clear it was sensationalist propaganda put out to increase clicks.

When a diehard LSU alum like Booger McFarland says that everyone is sign stealing and there shouldnā€™t be a ā€œstainā€ on their title thatā€™s more than good enough for me.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you donā€™t actually believe that they are all cheating
For arguments sake, i will concede. In reality, we do not know. Sounds like you don't believe Michigan could have won it all without cheating.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8:30ish in the video.

The pure and simple fact of the matter is every school is sign stealing. Everyā€¦. Singleā€¦. One of them. If everyone does it is it still cheating?

The whole problem goes away if the greedy NCAA decides to part with some of their precious profits and ponies up to move out of the dark ages and goes with NFL style headsets for all the teams. Which they should have done ages ago, but didnā€™t because they got push back from all the schools who would rather continue sign stealing. Calling U M cheaters at this point is reductive and just plain sour grapes.
Yes, Michigan cheated. Right or wrong, rules are rules. Would Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire be in the Hall of Fame if they did not cheat? I guess everybody was juicing so that makes it ok. It is like telling the Highway Patrolman "everybody was speeding" when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket; I have never heard of the HIPO saying, "nevermind then, my bad, have a good day and carry on".

If truth is reductive, so be it. No sour grapes here. Don't really care for either team; I didn't even watch the game. i was pulling for Michigan because I know Kevin is a big fan. I am just making a true statement; and, this is a ball busting thread.

I still think it is sad because they did not have to. They gave all the haters a reason to put an asterisk by the championship. It would be like Mike Tyson juicing; why, when you can already knock everybody out of the ring.

We definitely live in a society where lying and cheating is acceptable, even expected if that what it takes to win or to be successful. College football is a billion dollar business, so do whatever it takes to get a bigger piece of the pie.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, Michigan cheated. Right or wrong, rules are rules. Would Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire be in the Hall of Fame if they did not cheat? I guess everybody was juicing so that makes it ok. It is like telling the Highway Patrolman "everybody was speeding" when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket; I have never heard of the HIPO saying, "nevermind then, my bad, have a good day and carry on".

If truth is reductive, so be it. No sour grapes here. Don't really care for either team; I didn't even watch the game. i was pulling for Michigan because I know Kevin is a big fan. I am just making a true statement; and, this is a ball busting thread.

I still think it is sad because they did not have to. They gave all the haters a reason to put an asterisk by the championship. It would be like Mike Tyson juicing; why, when you can already knock everybody out of the ring.

We definitely live in a society where lying and cheating is acceptable, even expected if that what it takes to win or to be successful. College football is a billion dollar business, so do whatever it takes to get a bigger piece of the pie.
I can understand where youā€™re coming from here. But itā€™s a rule in name only. Did you know there is a law on the books in Pennsylvania that says you have to stop every ten miles and set off a signaling device and wait ten minutes for livestock to clear the road. What should we do with all the good people of Pennsylvania who ignore this rule every day?

I understand that for folks who didnā€™t play the game at the college level it can be hard to understand that knowing the other teams signs has been a part of the game for as long as there has been a game. Itā€™s part of the gamesmanship of the game of Football. It isnā€™t like an exact science either. More like trying to read someoneā€™s lips from across a football field. Any advantage you might gain is negligible and offset by the fact the other team knows your signs as well.

As a defense/offense you have literal seconds to diagnose what play is about to be run. Knowing the sign for that play is a very small fraction of that process. The players still have to execute on both sides of the ball for either to be successful.

To me, as someone who played the game at the college level, you might as well be arguing against bluffing in poker.

Yes this is a college ball busting thread and I donā€™t see anything wrong with what has been said. Bust away, but realize guys are going to swing back.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I donā€™t pay much fuss to the sign stealing bullspit. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong butā€¦ sign stealing isnā€™t the issue(itā€™s established everyone does it), someone on staff bought tickets to do it. Thatā€™s the issue/rule broken. If this were ANYONE else off staff that bought the tickets, we wouldnā€™t be discussing because what was being done is not the issue.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All this chatter about Hairball leaving, are you guys wanting Ryan Day to take over thereā€¦

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
someone on staff bought tickets to do it.
IMG_3745.gif

Yep a staffer went rogue and used his personal assets to buy tickets for friends and family outside of the organization to sign steal. Heā€™s the cheater and he was fired for it. There isnā€™t any proof it went beyond that. They went through Harbaugh with a fine tooth comb and found no proof. If they ever do Iā€™ll be right there with everyone else sharpening the pitch forks. But to call the team cheaters at this point is a reductive generalization. Was JJ stealing signs, Corum, Sainristil, etcā€¦.? Nah those kids arenā€™t cheaters theyā€™re National Champs and calling them cheaters now is a crap take.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the AD is most of the problem. Doesnā€™t like Jimbo and in bed with the Big10
Idk about that Kevin. Maybe, but he was one of Boā€™s kids in the late 80s. Iā€™d suspect the soft ass University Prez first.

In my opinion hereā€™s all these fat cats problem with Harbaugh:

"We're all robbing the same train," Harbaugh said, before telling his players they should try to form a union. "... Everybody is maximizing every single revenue source there is, but they're not sharing it with the talent. There's no business where that would ever fly."

Heā€™s daring to mess with the money. Any time you do that the rats at the top gonna come after you.