Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
My father and grandfather were pipe smokers. I did a bit when I was young but got away from it. My grandfather smoked a pipe in his hospital bed (at home) up until he could not keep a draw on it. My father quit cold turkey the day we laid his niece to rest from cancer at age 47 on Thursday, October 5, 1989. I need to get back to it but now that they are all long gone as well as their pipes I am not sure where to start
Lots of good pipe info here:

A little more bang for your buck even for the primo blends. There’s a good chance what your father and grandfather smoked is still around.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father and grandfather were pipe smokers. I did a bit when I was young but got away from it. My grandfather smoked a pipe in his hospital bed (at home) up until he could not keep a draw on it. My father quit cold turkey the day we laid his niece to rest from cancer at age 47 on Thursday, October 5, 1989. I need to get back to it but now that they are all long gone as well as their pipes I am not sure where to start
Jake and Woodpecker both give good starting points.

Here's a good site. If you go to their non-aromatic, and aromatic blends, you can order by the ounce, and most are only about 6.60 for that. A bit cheaper than name brand tins, and would allow ya to try different blends. I've enjoyed every Country Squire blend I've had.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a Herrera Esteli Habano Special Edition lancero, on the way back to town today. Almost been sitting for a year. Since I got them. My first one. My favorite of the Herrera's so far. Burn was perfect. I got a bit of spice and what I think was a floral taste right after. I really liked this one. Still a fan of the lancero size. I seem to get a bit more flavor from these smaller ring gauges.

20240319_163256.jpg

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna rewatch it again. Excellent

I was working on the road, when I was in my teens, and every Sunday night, we had to make sure the hotel had HBO, so I could watch the new episode. No other TV series was this solid, from start to finish.

I'm not sure how many times I've watched the whole series, but it's a bit. Enjoy, my friend!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I even have a single cao sopranos cigar that I keep just because Collector status on that one. I’ve smoked one. It was just ok but I plan on keeping that one

"I bet that mother *f-worder was hard to come by." - Cooz aka Cusamano

"Yeah, it fell off the back of the truck." - Tony

Seriously though, I never knew there was such a thing. I'd hold onto that as well. That's pretty cool. 👍🏻

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"I bet that mother *f-worder was hard to come by." - Cooz aka Cusamano

"Yeah, it fell off the back of the truck." - Tony

Seriously though, I never knew there was such a thing. I'd hold onto that as well. That's pretty cool. 👍🏻
I had a dream I *f-worded your brains out. Right on that desk, and you loved it (Tony to his therapist)

Therapist. Well you threw that at me like a rock 😂

I never forgot that. Old man let me watch this stuff whenever it came out. I’m 37 now and I was too young but he figured let the boy watch what I like. Still love that show and remember watching w pops

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a dream I *f-worded your brains out. Right on that desk, and you loved it (Tony to his therapist)

Therapist. Well you threw that at me like a rock 😂

I never forgot that. Old man let me watch this stuff whenever it came out. I’m 37 now and I was too young but he figured let the boy watch what I like. Still love that show and remember watching w pops

"Maybe baby............I'll have youuuuu" He sang that right before he said that, if I remember right. Lol

So many good lines.