Who makes…

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In a package deal I bought was a 3/8 .050 72dl full chisel chain that is square ground/filed. It has 42 on the drive links and the tie straps are stamped Rotary. Any info is appreciated.

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

nixon

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been running their 3/8 ,semi chisel for a few years . I just made the last couple of chains from a 100’ roll . It is good chain ,and had a great price point at the time I bought it . One negative that I have found is that it has been hardened maybe a bit too much . Things like setting the depth gauges with a file is just not going to happen . Another is that the semi chisel is really ripping chain . (10degrees on the cutter) . The positive is that it cuts decently ,and wears well .

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been running their 3/8 ,semi chisel for a few years . I just made the last couple of chains from a 100’ roll . It is good chain ,and had a great price point at the time I bought it . One negative that I have found is that it has been hardened maybe a bit too much . Things like setting the depth gauges with a file is just not going to happen . Another is that the semi chisel is really ripping chain . (10degrees on the cutter) . The positive is that it cuts decently ,and wears well .
Ah, you may be a Nixon like me , But you are not the President!
good thanksgiving to you from Canada. Keith

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate hitting a raker with the file and you hear that high pitch squeal as the file slides across the raker without biting.