Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have experience with Venmo ? A guy wants me to pay him for saws using it and I just use Paypal so I am skeptical.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Venmo is safe, I use it. Just make sure that you get into your account and make all of your transactions private, or everyone with Venmo will be able to see your transactions

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
PayPal and Venmo are owned by the same company, IIRC. I’ve used it to buy stuff at yard and estate sales, but only when I ask if I can’t use PP.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Venmo as far as I know does not have a "goods and services" type protection. It is ment for funds transfer between two known parties. Not for business transactions. I do a lot of dealings on another site and a lot of scammers use venmo for a reason. I work too hard for my money. If they won't accept "g&s" PayPal, I don't need it that bad.

SCHallenger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Venmo as far as I know does not have a "goods and services" type protection. It is ment for funds transfer between two known parties. Not for business transactions. I do a lot of dealings on another site and a lot of scammers use venmo for a reason. I work too hard for my money. If they won't accept "g&s" PayPal, I don't need it that bad.
Very good information! Thank you for that. I was curious about Venmo also. It is now written off of my list as something useful!

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard bad things about Venmo. People shouldn’t have a problem using PayPal, cash, or money order. I don’t use Venmo and never will. I’m sad sometimes when I can’t buy something because the seller only accepts Venmo.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard bad things about Venmo. People shouldn’t have a problem using PayPal, cash, or money order. I don’t use Venmo and never will. I’m sad sometimes when I can’t buy something because the seller only accepts Venmo.

Cash is not an option for any transaction that is not face to face. About two years ago two of my sons and I bought a backhoe online. My oldest did the bidding and paid online. One of my other sons gave me a stack of cash for his portion. I took it and my cash over to my oldest sons house I left it in an envelope while he was at work. He contacted me later and asked what the hell do you think I am going to do with all this cash? I was bewildered. He said just write me a check. I can take a picture of the check and automatically deposit it in the bank. The bank is never open when I can deposit cash

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cash is not an option for any transaction that is not face to face. About two years ago two of my sons and I bought a backhoe online. My oldest did the bidding and paid online. One of my other sons gave me a stack of cash for his portion. I took it and my cash over to my oldest sons house I left it in an envelope while he was at work. He contacted me later and asked what the hell do you think I am going to do with all this cash? I was bewildered. He said just write me a check. I can take a picture of the check and automatically deposit it in the bank. The bank is never open when I can deposit cash
People have been fine with me sending them cash thru mail as payment inbetween paper.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm ok with you sending cash to me too. Just don't get mad when you get nothing in return.
I’ve only done it with members of forums, so I do check out their profiles/posts first and many I’ve known for a while. Plus a couple are so nice they tell me to wait to send cash until after I receive their item.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked my bank about it and was told it is strictly a phone app thing. I only do $ transactions via my PC so that scratched Venmo for me.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked my bank about it and was told it is strictly a phone app thing. I only do $ transactions via my PC so that scratched Venmo for me.
Well shoot then I signed up on my computer. I use my phone to talk.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well shoot then I signed up on my computer. I use my phone to talk.
It may have changed, don't know. This was probably a year ago

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will say I am not real trusting of any of the online methods but the sad thing is that is where we are today. I use PayPal and yes it has issues but cross my fingers I have been able to work through them.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw that our eBay account just started offering Venmo as a payment option.
I remember the early days of eBay when PayPal was not even an option.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i use venmo frequently. its makes it easy to get paid by people that i mow for a couple times a month and live out of town, i prefer it to creating an invoice and mailing it etc. its linked to my business checking and i can transfer easily.