av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where can a fellow send a worn out but otherwise good chainsaw cylinder to have it plated? I have a nice KS that has worn thru the chrome in a couple spots. The cylinder walls are smooth as can be. I’d like to get it fixed so I can use it. Also, when the company does the plating, do they finish the surface. Hone & crosshatch?
Thanks.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where can a fellow send a worn out but otherwise good chainsaw cylinder to have it plated? I have a nice KS that has worn thru the chrome in a couple spots. The cylinder walls are smooth as can be. I’d like to get it fixed so I can use it. Also, when the company does the plating, do they finish the surface. Hone & crosshatch?
Thanks.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I checked it was kinda pricey. I'd be interested in what they charge now. I have a handful of cylinders that could be done.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I checked it was kinda pricey. I'd be interested in what they charge now. I have a handful of cylinders that could be done.
I think they're still only accepting orders from dealers, but Definitive Dave has the magic touch.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to request a form and there’s a red warning saying they’re no longer taking retail orders and to reach out to your local Powersports Dealer. Right.
I found the web site earlier but was hoping for other ideas. Thanks though.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An option could be an iron liner but like a replate job could cost as much as a new cylinder .I talked to Dave from CCC at "Saw Fest "who had been doing a few sleeves .I did one years ago for a Mac 125 .
Using iron or 4140 steel for a liner is often discussed with a difference of opinions about like mix ratios of mix oils .--I'll just leave it there