Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s hard to find felling work in the city I live, some people are good with having some guy with a saw, others will demand some kind of insurance incase something bad happens. Some people are ok with the lowest bidder, but others won’t even give you a chance. I don’t blame them. It’s actually really smart to CYA. Here, there are MASSIVE cotton wood and Siberian elm really close to houses.
Awesome topic BTW!

Sounds like here. I also like seeing the hack berries that are shooting up at a 45° angle under them bigger trees trying to get some sun.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much. Them suckers will shoot about 40ft up amd only be 8" at the stump lol.
Shoot a line to the top and send a knot up to it, then pull the line through a crotch on a tree near by and cut the base, then cut it from the bottom up, easy to do with a little setup.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Shoot a line to the top and send a knot up to it, then pull the line through a crotch on a tree near by and cut the base, then cut it from the bottom up, easy to do with a little setup.
Brett...I trying to follow your "re-direct" rig set up. What does the bull line up high in the crotch do that a pulley down low wont ? Always learning something. Funny how everyone has their own "way" of doing the same thing....

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brett...I trying to follow your "re-direct" rig set up. What does the bull line up high in the crotch do that a pulley down low wont ? Always learning something. Funny how everyone has their own "way" of doing the same thing....
Not sure what you mean by the pulley down low.
Similar to this.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If it was that easy lol. The last one I looked at was by the rail shops and it was old company built shot gun houses. So the tree was in one yard hanging over a privacy fence and damn near hanging over a 3rd.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now the ones in my yard got a rope about 20ft up then hooked to the winch and came down where I wanted it. But I have no fencing and a bigger yard.

Forgot to add this picture. Screenshot_20200619-013647_Maps.jpg
It was somewhere around here. I image one of the bigger crews in town got it.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was that easy lol. The last one I looked at was by the rail shops and it was old company built shot gun houses. So the tree was in one yard hanging over a privacy fence and damn near hanging over a 3rd.
Is that the same tree you were describing above o_O.
Here's the last little mull bury I did, lots of fun including similar targets, concrete and rocks in the base, nails in it, raccoons in it, and even a skunk that died on site :eek:. Fun job lol.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PY3sDAvtzG5VTkJA6

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now the ones in my yard got a rope about 20ft up then hooked to the winch and came down where I wanted it. But I have no fencing and a bigger yard.

Forgot to add this picture. View attachment 246456
It was somewhere around here. I image one of the bigger crews in town got it.
What ever happened to that one huge tree in town, I think it was at a rental house?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the same tree you were describing above o_O.
Here's the last little mull bury I did, lots of fun including similar targets, concrete and rocks in the base, nails in it, raccoons in it, and even a skunk that died on site :eek:. Fun job lol.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PY3sDAvtzG5VTkJA6
Nice mulberry but its different I got a few still standing I'll try and remember to take a picture of it in the morning.

What ever happened to that one huge tree in town, I think it was at a rental house?
Well their was a gnarly silver Maple hanging over a rental house my neighbor wanted me to cut on the "cheap". He sold the house and the new owners took care of it.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice mulberry but its different I got a few still standing I'll try and remember to take a picture of it in the morning.

Well their was a gnarly silver Maple hanging over a rental house my neighbor wanted me to cut on the "cheap". He sold the house and the new owners took care of it.
Sounds fun.

I think that's the one.