OnlyStihl

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crazy, crazy, crazy.

$3900 for the welder. Most everything was overpriced. People could do better waiting for a sale or scrounging around for a coupon.

I got there right on time, and the large parking area was full, and folks including myself had to walk 3/4 to a mile.

I did get a cookie jar (cookies not included). No price was on the jar, and the sales woman asked for $5. I probably got the best deal of the day. :)

CIMG0001.JPG

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well cookies are important too .They go good with that morning cup of coffee but not as much as piece of apple pie .They say baseball ,hot dogs ,apple pie and Chevrolet --or used to ----

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I said why don't folks there just have an auction like the rest of the country?

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Takes to long.
What the hell? o_O

This was 3 weeks ago today Saturday June 8. There were two rings totally 614 cataloged items for onsite and internet bidding. There were many more that were not cataloged and sold only onsite. The total number of lots was probably over 1000. The auction began at 8AM and concluded by 3PM. I do not think that took too long.

The next day Sunday was the online portion only and had over 1500 lots. It took about 7 hours also.

OnlyStihl

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What the hell? o_O

This was 3 weeks ago today Saturday June 8. There were two rings totally 614 cataloged items for onsite and internet bidding. There were many more that were not cataloged and sold only onsite. The total number of lots was probably over 1000. The auction began at 8AM and concluded by 3PM. I do not think that took too long.

The next day Sunday was the online portion only and had over 1500 lots. It took about 7 hours also.

7x60=420 minutes
420/1000=0.42minute or 25 seconds per item

Impressive.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7x60=420 minutes
420/1000=0.42minute or 25 seconds per item

Impressive.
Your math is a bit skewed. I clearly said..........

What the hell? o_O

Yes I said "totally" instead of totaling......never been a great speller,,,shoot me

I guess you missed the two rings part. details...details.... :D I will assure you they will clear 1000 lots in 7 hrs. I was out restringing my clothesline Saturday evening when a local auctioneer phoned around 7:00PM. I had phoned him a few days earlier about a home and piece of land he would be selling come August. He phoned back Saturday around 7PM on his way home after his auction that day. The auction began at 10AM and he was done, cleaned up, and dropped off unsold items to Goodwill.

As for your skewed math of 25 seconds per item yes that is quick but I invite you to stop by at an auction. Do not be late though It will not last long. The average truck runs through in around 35 seconds

OnlyStihl

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your math is a bit skewed. I clearly said..........

Yes I said "totally" instead of totaling......never been a great speller,,,shoot me

I guess you missed the two rings part. details...details.... :D I will assure you they will clear 1000 lots in 7 hrs. I was out restringing my clothesline Saturday evening when a local auctioneer phoned around 7:00PM. I had phoned him a few days earlier about a home and piece of land he would be selling come August. He phoned back Saturday around 7PM on his way home after his auction that day. The auction began at 10AM and he was done, cleaned up, and dropped off unsold items to Goodwill.

As for your skewed math of 25 seconds per item yes that is quick but I invite you to stop by at an auction. Do not be late though It will not last long. The average truck runs through in around 35 seconds

I've been to auctions, and they take to to long. I go there wanting to bid/buy/take home a 1" drive impact socket set, but have to wait til they auction off the 80 cookie jars, the multiple coaster sets, the cookware, the string trimmer parts, the shotgun reloading press and supplies, etc etc etc. And maybe, if I'm still alive they finally get to the socket set and there is some nutcase that is willing to pay over retail. So I/you/anybody wasted an entire day (7 hours) for nothing -- Get it? Auctions take to long.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a buyers perspective not a sellers.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last auction I attended I bought 5 acres of woods ,big oaks .I'm still getting mail from timber cruisers of whom I'll never deal with trying to con me into selling those big oaks ---not in my life time . Land as a rule will only go up in value .Costs me $400 a year in property tax but I haul out twice that amount just in firewood . If those hoss thieves want it they'll have to deal with my kids because my estate is only going to go to two people .