Tuning advice

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just finished up another dolmar 7910. I can't for the life of me get it tuned just right. I've encountered this issue before and cant remember what fixed it. Hoping one of you fine gents with a little more carb knowledge can save me a bunch of time.

It starts, idles, and runs AMAZING...until you finish the cut. As soon as I let off the throttle after the cut it will die every time. I can keep it running if I feather the throttle and take off cutting again. Once I stop it from stalling it will idle on its own again also. Thinking it might be a little lean but going richer feels like it's to much fuel in the cut.

The saw is all OEM parts, except a meteor piston. Muffler mod. Timing is still stock on the flywheel. Cut the Squish and base and landed at .023" squish. final port timing is at...
EX- 96
Trans-130
Int-80

Saw has no air leaks with vacuum or pressure testing.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m guessing the H is rich. It wets the inside of the case throughout the cut and it’s too rich to idle.

With the ex at 96, it probably wants tuned about 1-1.25 turns out, which is about 1/2 turn in from the limiter

S&S_Work_Saws

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m guessing the H is rich. It wets the inside of the case throughout the cut and it’s too rich to idle.

With the ex at 96, it probably wants tuned about 1-1.25 turns out, which is about 1/2 turn in from the limit learned doing these dolmars
These dolmars sure like to be at about 95 or 96 on the exhaust though.
I'll try to lean it out a little and see what I get.
Thanks