davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I may be trying to get away too much this summer (family vacay plus MI GTG, etc.) but I was just seein some posts and got to thinking, looking at Google maps…maybe go work for fun for @Uzi and @Cat 525 and visit @Dub11…assuming y’all like the idear. Maybe there’s a GTG out there?

I have some friends ( YouTube rock dawg sidewinder) that winter here and live close in NE too…hmmm.

Last edited:

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some things to keep in mind is most Walnut and other grade lumber is cut/harvested after crops are out of the fields. (I was raised around a Pallet mill -Cottonwood Logs, the Neighbor mill was grade) This works well as the sap is going down in the log and the weather is cooling down so spoiling-staining slows down. I have thought about going down to see CAT525 and run a few of his ported saws and see what I am missing out on. I have not ran a ported saws and certainly want to. My lifestyle/commitments won't flex that way for me. Another thought that might catch a happy vacationer off guard is cutting conditions , Flint hills are close to Cat525 and the chains will really catch Heck. Logs will be under stress and a pinch is a constant concern 'cuz crotches are where you cut to get the most money for the log.
I pm'ed you

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bumpin this for this summer n @Loony661
I love the idea. Summer is not ideal here. Although I can occasionally get summer logging work, it’s much harder because of crops in fields and pastures being green and used by cattle.. I can certainly keep you updated as this summer progresses.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love the idea. Summer is not ideal here. Although I can occasionally get summer logging work, it’s much harder because of crops in fields and pastures being green and used by cattle.. I can certainly keep you updated as this summer progresses.
Summer starts early and runs late here…