I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wilhelm,
Those are what I'm after - A PS-7910 and the "Dolmar" clutch cover sticker. I would have to fix the muffler and coil before I could put the PS-7900 badge on it.
Are you the Euro connection for Dolmar gear?

Thanks!
I wouldn't go as far as calling myself a connection for anything, but I can get Dolmar (and Makita) parts from Germany.
Just to be clear, any European member can basically get Dolmar parts, I am not interested in cornering the market at all!

I have those two decals in my spare sticker stash, I can forward some to You and restock my stash on my pending order.
I'll PM You with details.

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice! That looks brand new. Is it?
Yes, never had fuel :)

I really wanted Dubs but had this in the works for a while and the modded 6400 I told you about which fell through. So I wish I grabbed mr dubs even though I’m trying to grab an other piece of hardware that the gang has been advising me on :aplastao:

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, never had fuel :)

I really wanted Dubs but had this in the works for a while and the modded 6400 I told you about which fell through. So I wish I grabbed mr dubs even though I’m trying to grab an other piece of hardware that the gang has been advising me on :aplastao:

That's great! Nothing like a brand new smurf. Mine have all been second hand.

I fueled up my 6100 for the first time last weekend. Has an air leak problem or something. Will check it out around Christmas when I have time

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like to find a DCS-5200, the teal Makita branded version of a Dolmar 115,
but they seem danm hard to find here in their country of origin.
Had been offered one this spring but the price was off limits.
Gonna keep looking the next years...
I’m not gunna lie, I was surprised to find a new one. I’ve tried to buy a few over the years and one reason or an other it never happened. Only one or two logging supply shops in the area which is surprisingly considering how many skidders, chippers, and log trucks there are running around. Very few people in the area have heard of Dolmar. The only place I can think of that sells Makita saws is home depot

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not gunna lie, I was surprised to find a new one. I’ve tried to buy a few over the years and one reason or an other it never happened. Only one or two logging supply shops in the area which is surprisingly considering how many skidders, chippers, and log trucks there are running around. Very few people in the area have heard of Dolmar. The only place I can think of that sells Makita saws is home depot

I understand the supply situation in US where Dolmar might be unknown to most people,
but I was talking about offerings in Germany where I live and where the Dolmars and their Makita-branded smurf cousins are produced.

I'm sure to get a decent DCS-5200 or even better a DCS-5200i for an acceptable price sooner or later,
I'm not in a hurry and thus pretty relaxed about it

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ni
I understand the supply situation in US where Dolmar might be unknown to most people,
but I was talking about offerings in Germany where I live and where the Dolmars and their Makita-branded smurf cousins are produced.

I'm sure to get a decent DCS-5200 or even better a DCS-5200i for an acceptable price sooner or later,
I'm not in a hurry and thus pretty relaxed about it

did they have the blue models there?
I was hoping to bring my wife to my grandmothers home town of wurzburg this summer. But trips to EU will have to wait

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dolmar/makita makes great saws. Some of them better than what the competitors had to offer in the same class in my opinion. Unfortunately there poor marketing and dealer support has led to there downfall. Marketing and dealer support is ultimately what sells saws to some.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
did they have the blue models there?

Yes, in Germany you can buy Dolmar branded saws as well as their Makita counterparts.
Not all Dolmar models are available as Makita though. In Austria, they seem to offer
a broader range of Makita saws, however I didn't check current offerings.

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a little ps341 that is giving me fits, has an air leak at the carb base, I'll be replacing the carb gasket but can someone tell me why they have a funny dual impulse setup? This one has a hose from the cylinder to the fuel pump side of the carb and then one from the cylinder to the carb base. Would it hurt to block off the one to the base that's unused?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a little ps341 that is giving me fits, has an air leak at the carb base, I'll be replacing the carb gasket but can someone tell me why they have a funny dual impulse setup? This one has a hose from the cylinder to the fuel pump side of the carb and then one from the cylinder to the carb base. Would it hurt to block off the one to the base that's unused?

Hi, that's not a dual impulse setup, that's what they used to call "Duplex idle".
Impulse is deliverd thru the rubber hose right side of the cylinder, the channel
below the carb is used for the idling supply.
And yes, it hurts to block either of them!

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, that's not a dual impulse setup, that's what they used to call "Duplex idle".
Impulse is deliverd thru the rubber hose right side of the cylinder, the channel
below the carb is used for the idling supply.
And yes, it hurts to block either of them!
Thanks for the info!

Vice

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That darker Smurf blue looks awesome!
We got 3”+ of rain and a lot of our snow melted so I might have a chance to fuel it up. My snow blower pull cord snapped and after I started it with the electric start I figured out why. The crank shaft on the starter didn’t retract and burned out the starter so there’s that to work on.