Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll have 15 years clean in November.....and have likely heard every uplifting message or catchphrase that can be uttered at one time or another. To a newcomer in the NA or AA program those sort of things can and will keep them clean. They help keep em coming back long enough for the program to start working in their lives. Sometimes. They are not a long term solution though.

There comes a time when things gotta get real.

To me nothing is more powerful than integrity. If you possess integrity, you can overcome any obstacle. It might take time......it may not go as planned, but by always doing your level best to do the next right thing, you won’t find yourself in a mess that you can’t get out of proudly. Of course we will fall short. We are human. But....pay attention. Those times where we took the easy way out, knowing better, always ended in disaster. When we to the work, try our best, live our best lives, things end up better.....always will too.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll have 15 years clean in November.....and have likely heard every uplifting message or catchphrase that can be uttered at one time or another. To a newcomer in the NA or AA program those sort of things can and will keep them clean. They help keep em coming back long enough for the program to start working in their lives. Sometimes. They are not a long term solution though.

To me nothing is more powerful than integrity. If you possess integrity, you can overcome any obstacle. It might take time......it may not go as planned, but by always doing your level best to do the next right thing, you won’t find yourself in a mess that you can’t get out of proudly. Of course we will fall short. We are human. But....pay attention. Those times where we took the easy way out, knowing better, always ended in disaster. When we to the work, try our best, live our best lives, things end up better.....always will too.
True & good stuff right there. Thanks Randy!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for sharing bro.
Like you I've heard more snazzy cliches & colloquialisms than most...I guess. lol
Some were helpful...others kinda corny, yet it was a change from the death chants, doom & gloom, and hopelessness I used speak/think and I allowed to be spoken into me.
The super cool thing was the principal of how, "deep calleth unto deep".
So as we exhibit a hunger for greater truth...greater is revealed given to us.
There's always more.

You're right there comes a time when the "pink cloud" evaporates and it's S.O.B. E.R. = Son Of Bit.. Everything's Real!

I'm a real stickler for Willingness.
I had an extremely high tolerance for pain and little willingness---it almost killed me.
I always ask people a simple question, "What are you going to do or willing to do different...this time?"
The beauty of recovery is different things work for different folks...but everybody's gotta work their arse off to get it!

Last edited:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you discerned or tapped into your....YET?
117103990_10221281933136794_7065430419054653647_n.jpg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Religion is for people that are trying to keep from going to hell! Spirituality is for the ones that have already been there!
I have heard that for years, yet I know deeply "religious" folks who observes customs, rituals, and practices that look deeply spiritual...YET...they've never encountered God.
This book is worth buying, reading, and memorizing:

The God They Never Knew: The Tragedy of Religion Without Relationship
By George Otis, Jr.
1zmvm6r8-front-shortedge-384.jpg

Last edited: