STIHL MS 400

beech logger

Our home is heated with firewood
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Evansaw,

I don't want to doubt the source of your information but it astounds me that Stihl does not continue equipping its professional chain saws with fuel injection to underline its position as a technology leader. Certification of new chain saws in line with new EU emission regulations becoming effective this year suggest that fuel injection would facilitate to fulfil new emission standards due to its numerous parameters being sensed and the exact amount of injected fuel calculated in real time thus reducing raw emissions. For this reason it can be assumed that Stihl will continue with fuel injection in the long run. It seems to me that the mentioned 400 c-m is carved for a specific market niche in the interim.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Evansaw,

I don't want to doubt the source of your information but it astounds me that Stihl does not continue equipping its professional chain saws with fuel injection to underline its position as a technology leader. Certification of new chain saws in line with new EU emission regulations becoming effective this year suggest that fuel injection would facilitate to fulfil new emission standards due to its numerous parameters being sensed and the exact amount of injected fuel calculated in real time thus reducing raw emissions. For this reason it can be assumed that Stihl will continue with fuel injection in the long run. It seems to me that the mentioned 400 c-m is carved for a specific market niche in the interim.

I m not a Stihl dealer or distributor just a Stihl user.

A STRONG USER that’s why i can connect with insiders.

Other than the information i passed FREE to members of this forum everything else coming from members is assumptions or wishes. Whether these assumptions find me to agree or not, same stands for other brands and saws, I will have to wait few months for saw release as the whole world will.

At the end of the day you like the product you buy it.

As far emissions craziness goes let me give you an example:
462 the super saw:

Screams: more desibels than other saws it’s 121db when 661 is 118db

Power to weight: factory awesome 1:1

Emissions: M tronic version 3 makes what the ecological market needs.

It’s a 2018 model, not even available yet at USA, what makes you think it’s not here to stay for long time...

P.S: if MS400 was injection it would have the magic (i) designation, wouldn’t?

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some news here?

Well another thread opened with similar topic but ended up with cooking recipes or cars ment to pictured parked. Usual derail

Seems BMW Motorsports Division isn’t invented yet at whole planet. Let alone the ultimate driving machine E30 M3 Sport Evo...

FYI: Ms400cm maybe released at some selected countries 1st or 2st quarter of the year. The rest will find about it at 2020.

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This looks like the Stihl Training centre.
But the MS 441 in the background bothers me.

It would back that info that the MS 400 is a beefed up MS 362 but the repair time guidline tells something different too much differences between MS 362/ MS 400

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This looks like the Stihl Training centre.
But the MS 441 in the background bothers me.

It would back that info that the MS 400 is a beefed up MS 362 but the repair time guidline tells something different too much differences between MS 362/ MS 400

Wonder if the new guidelines are a “1st pass”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro