High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

SOLD Stihl ms 194 T

Trader history (0)

DunderCutting

Don't mind me, I'm just lurking in the threads.
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a follow up on Ryan's 194, I was a little hesitant to buy (having never run a 193 or 4 and only hearing bad reviews about em). For context for anyone not from aus, alot of our timber is a bit harder than what North Americans and Europeans call "hardwood". For this reason I've never seen or even heard of a 16" bar on a top handle saw and alot run a 12" with 3/8p 050 on 201t's. Any way when Ryan's 194 arrived i didn't have any spare B&C's around so I put a 14" 3/8 050 it lugged down a fair bit in a 13" bit of dry firewood but did get through without being held back. I bought a 12" 3/8p 043 b&c for it and after the lads have had it for a couple of weeks, I took it up a tree today at work. It was a few manna gums to begin with. It holds really good revs in the cut, 12" manna gum seems to barely slow it down much at all. It did lug in a 12" red box stem but not horribly. In summary for wood up to 10-12" depending on species, it cuts Just as good as a 201, but its lighter. Very happy with it. Thank you very much Ryan.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a follow up on Ryan's 194, I was a little hesitant to buy (having never run a 193 or 4 and only hearing bad reviews about em). For context for anyone not from aus, alot of our timber is a bit harder than what North Americans and Europeans call "hardwood". For this reason I've never seen or even heard of a 16" bar on a top handle saw and alot run a 12" with 3/8p 050 on 201t's. Any way when Ryan's 194 arrived i didn't have any spare B&C's around so I put a 14" 3/8 050 it lugged down a fair bit in a 13" bit of dry firewood but did get through without being held back. I bought a 12" 3/8p 043 b&c for it and after the lads have had it for a couple of weeks, I took it up a tree today at work. It was a few manna gums to begin with. It holds really good revs in the cut, 12" manna gum seems to barely slow it down much at all. It did lug in a 12" red box stem but not horribly. In summary for wood up to 10-12" depending on species, it cuts Just as good as a 201, but its lighter. Very happy with it. Thank you very much Ryan.

I'm glad it got there safe, thanks.