davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I know this is in the wrong forum, but I wanted it to get more exposure.

While back I came up with a little trick to help me find things on my computer…run the terms together. If you search for base gasket, you get all the occurrences of those two separate words. If you type basegasket, in the future, you will find only that when you search. Kinda like hashtags only less cool. Which is cool.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Searching and successfully finding what One is searching for is an art.
There is no one correct way to do so, it is like navigating an ever changing labyrinth and One must adapt Ones search techniques.

I used to take the time and include a bunch of tags to my YT videos, they didn't accomplish anything as far as I can tell so I don't bother anymore.

From what I see, if the answer isn't laid out clearly in plain sight most modern internet surfers won't even bother searching - they'll just ask and let someone else do the searching.

livemusic

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I know this is in the wrong forum, but I wanted it to get more exposure.

While back I came up with a little trick to help me find things on my computer…run the terms together. If you search for base gasket, you get all the occurrences of those two separate words. If you type basegasket, in the future, you will find only that when you search. Kinda like hashtags only less cool. Which is cool.

Are you talking about internet search engine results, such as Google or searches of this forum? I'm interested in this cuz I search alot!

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use operators in Google search terms, and some operators work in other search engines.

For example, putting words inside quotes forces an exact search.

Another useful one is map: which forces the result to show a map rather than text.

Here is a link to a good list of operators and how to use them. The list is from 2018 and some of these may no longer work.

https://ahrefs.com/blog/google-advanced-search-operators/

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another fun tip is for 3 letter words, search for the word you want on google and follow it up with site:eek:peforum.com