na

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While it may vary with some of the nuts in this group, the average person that owns a chainsaw will never wear out the bar. So I'm not sure there would be a viable market for a titanium bar.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still run the factory original 20" Dolmar branded Oregon laminate bar on my PS-6400 since I purchased her in 2006.
Sharp chains and bar maintenance are keeping wear to a normal minimum.

And before anyone says "You have so many saws You can't wear out bars" - from 2006. to 2014. my PS-6400 was my only firewood saw.
I got my first PS-7900 in 2014. and keep stockpiling more saws ever since.

Also, back then I did not know how to sharpen a chain well, it was always miss/miss/hit/miss.
Now when I sharpen my chains I am certain they will cut, and do so straight.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run cheap laminate bars. I like how light they are. Obviously once you get longer they’re not available but I use a 18-20” a lot.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For short bars I’d rather buy 2 bars for the price of one. If I screw one up I’m not out much. I’ve bent 2 bars in my life but it can happen.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg That one bar cost more than all 3 of the others. Nothing wrong with it good bar.

I guess I too question why some guys geek over bars. I get it to an extent on longer bars. But shorter ones? Never could make any sense out of it

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 362633 That one bar cost more than all 3 of the others. Nothing wrong with it good bar.

I guess I too question why some guys geek over bars. I get it to an extent on longer bars. But shorter ones? Never could make any sense out of it
Since I work with saws everyday, I have a little different perspective: I am always searching for a balance between the hardest/longest wearing bar I can get for my money, yet a bar that’s flexible enough to live through some bending and pinching when things go awry. I’ve tried all kinds. I have not tried the real expensive brands yet (Cannon,etc) but I can tell you that I am very happy with the GB Titanium alloy Pro bar! Absolutely fantastic flexibility yet very little wear. And I really like that the tips are multi-riveted in place.

blackbruin

Heeeeeeere's Johnny!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw on fleabay a tsumara total "titanium" bar. Its not titanium its steel.
Yes quality of your bar is important and some wear better than others but inevitably every bar wears out. What people fail to do is maintenance. Dressing the bar adequate oiling etc. Everything fails just a matter of when or if you allpw it to be accelerated

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since I work with saws everyday, I have a little different perspective: I am always searching for a balance between the hardest/longest wearing bar I can get for my money, yet a bar that’s flexible enough to live through some bending and pinching when things go awry. I’ve tried all kinds. I have not tried the real expensive brands yet (Cannon,etc) but I can tell you that I am very happy with the GB Titanium alloy Pro bar! Absolutely fantastic flexibility yet very little wear. And I really like that the tips are multi-riveted in place.
I totally get what you’re saying. People like what they like. On a long bar. I agree. Short. Meh