na

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a XS 550xp mkll , scarr 550xpg mkll and had a tree monkey 261 . If you are really interested in buying a 550 or 261 I would go to Kevin's gtg and run both the 550 and 261 . I use my 50cc saws mostly for limbing so handling and balance of the saw is very important for me . I use bigger saws for bucking , where the handling isn't as important to me . I am posting this so you don't make the same mistake I made . I ordered a 261 from Scott and had him port it . When limbing I normally cut some small branches and let go of the saw with my right hand and throw the branches out of my way . The 261 bar would drop on my chaps when I took my right hand off the saw . I'm sure the 261 is a great saw . I ended up selling the saw with probably 20 minutes of run time on it and lost about $300 . The mistake I made was never handling the 261 before I bought it . We all have different body types and uses for saws . Don't make the same mistake I did ! Go to Kevin's and run both saws and see which model suits you the best .
And the mk1 is even better in that aspect, one of the best limbing saws made as far as balance and ergonomics with an 18x325"

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl has treated my dealer like *s-word so we'd rather sell 550s anyway.
Not new with stihl, but husky isn't any different with our dealers.
I'm sure you guys keep those saws spun up hard, never seen anyone in the woods here limb like that, maybe a few guys out west do, but it certainly isn't the ordinary operator.

AlexStromberg

Epic gamer
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not new with stihl, but husky isn't any different with our dealers.
I'm sure you guys keep those saws spun up hard, never seen anyone in the woods here limb like that, maybe a few guys out west do, but it certainly isn't the ordinary operator.
We werent allowed to buy order anything for like 2 months because some paperwork with a new economics boss did something and they told us we had done something wrong. Husqvarna is so much better to us, we also only live 200km from the factory so we can get next morning shipping if we want.

Yeah we limb a little faster than you guys seem to, a big part of why we use shorter bars.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd get a 550 just because the 261s clutch drum bearing is known to go bad way too often. Had to scrap two saws due to the drum riding on the cranking making it smaller O.D... Never had to change a 550 bearing yet.
Just have to grease the 261 bearing often, I had no issues with mine running it commercially