JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, sure!
Usually I get them with my chains, but today I picked them up by hand while waiting and watching my pup hunt lizards on a sunny hill side during our afternoon Sunday walk.

View attachment 378577 View attachment 378578
Looks like a gravel pit to retrieve fill. I like checking out the soil and ground in the pits near me gives a great view of what the lands made up of23977DFF-A906-4AE4-A21A-BD320ADB5244.png

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to take a look at a 1996 cat d5 today. The guys neighbor went for a joy ride on it & buried it deep in the woods on the side of a mountain. The track snapped & she hasn’t moved since. It’s hard to appreciate how steep this is from the pictures but my best guess is it’ll never move again. Some of the hills he took this think down on the ride are so steep the only way I see a dozer going back up is with a winch or by cutting a new road down the mountain. It’s crazy to think a machine he paid 45k for 5 years ago is now nearly worthless simply because there isn’t a good way to get to it.
View attachment 378457View attachment 378459View attachment 378458
The worst I've ever seen a piece of equipment stuck was one of the 257hp komatsu excavators
I forget the model number
My friend was running it
A brand new machine he's a 30+ year equipment operator but somehow managed to bury it on flat ground in a pond
He wouldn't let anyone call me to help he knew I'd give him hell
It was buried half way up the cab
The engine was completely submerged
They had to borrow 3 D9s and a big loader
To get it out
The guy's took turns swimming with chains underwater to hook up the excavator
It took 12 hours rampaging on the dozers to get it free.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the full scoop on it? Is he selling it, is it free if you can get it out, do you know if it runs? I know at least one guy who would be interested in checking it out. It reminds me of the D5 my dad used to have.View attachment 378490View attachment 378491
We used to have a Mack Cabover like that 375 Mack in it .Hauled fuel and lowbed in 83 85 ish.
Still have parts of it on my R modle dump truck

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet. So,in your opinion, was that filter still sealing? Or was it letting unfiltered oil by?

Wasn't letting oil through.
Or enough.
Lash adjusters/cam followers would tick on cold start for about 5 minutes.
Sad thing, the car only had 40k miles. Poorly cared for miles.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't letting oil through.
Or enough.
Lash adjusters/cam followers would tick on cold start for about 5 minutes.
Sad thing, the car only had 40k miles. Poorly cared for miles.
Thats sad. Somebody didn't change the oil and filter enough. Maintenance is king.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We used to have a Mack Cabover like that 375 Mack in it .Hauled fuel and lowbed in 83 85 ish.
Still have parts of it on my R modle dump truck
Big cam 400 in that guy, my dad stripped the tank/water truck setup a few years back due to epa regs and put it on a new Mack. The cab got hacked up once my dad sold it but the chassis' still going strong. The new owner is putting the motor into an early 60's K-whop with a worn small cam and the diffs will replace a trashed set under a 90's Pete with a Detroit as I recall.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big cam 400 in that guy, my dad stripped the tank/water truck setup a few years back due to epa regs and put it on a new Mack. The cab got hacked up once my dad sold it but the chassis' still going strong. The new owner is putting the motor into an early 60's K-whop with a worn small cam and the diffs will replace a trashed set under a 90's Pete with a Detroit as I recall.
I have a Mack V8 500 that still runs awsome,the truck isn't worth the time to make it pass inspection.
I keep hoping to find a worthy vintage truck for it. It would out pull anything of the era around here.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Mack V8 500 that still runs awsome,the truck isn't worth the time to make it pass inspection.
I keep hoping to find a worthy vintage truck for it. It would out pull anything of the era around here.
I've wanted a mack v8 for years... There’s something about the sound and Powerband of a v8.